Box building info

Username: Mrrogers

Marshall, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 7
anybody have any clue how to build a bandpass box that fits 1 12" sub. and dont ask me about 4th order or 6th order i have no clue what they mean i need to know the materials i need and i need to know how to go about making it with out being a failure

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 310
http://7925.adahost.com/computer/index.html?loadfile=catalog22_0.html
You can't build one this cheap mike.

Are u sure u want a bandpass box. They get loud but man they sound like $hit. I know I got rid of mine for that reason. Well not rid of it, just quit using it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
forgot check the 14th box down. Single 12 bandpass for $30.00. I've done a little buisness with these people and they are really good about shipping and easy to get along with.

Username: Seenthelight

Post Number: 1
Just bought two new 12" subs. Want to build custom box myself. Want to build a ported box. If anyone has any blueprints or info on how to do this please contact me back here or at my email. SeenTheLight1580@yahoo.com thank you.

Anonymous

basically a bandpass box is a sealed box that the sub goes in and a ported one around the outside cone. essentailly two boxes sealed together, one sealed , one ported.

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
yes and no on that ANON. the bandpass is essentially 1/2 the size on the back side. and on a sealed the front is able to breath. On a bandpass it isn't it is enclosed, (the pretty ones use plexi.) Ported boxes are tuned to a freq. and band pass aren't. They are just flat out LOUD!!!!!!!!!
But esstially you are right, it's more aor less a cross between the 2.
I still don't recommend them they sound like poopoo. But kids with audiobahns and such buy them, then invert the subs to show off those pretty pretty chrome flames that don't bring anything to the picture, except sales.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us