Brahma and rf t1. t1 better i i dont think so

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 153
I went into my local rf dealer for them to spl my car, and i showed him my sub, which is a Brahma. he was trying telling me that this sub wasnt as good as a entry level rf sub. he said that the t1 would blow it out of the water. what do you guys thinK? imo a brahma would be better than a t1. he also said that i paid too much for an inferior paper cone sub. that really pissed me off. do you honestly think he is right. i think he was afraid of something he has never heard of. by the way i live in a very small new mexico town. i have the only brahma for like 100 miles plus in each direction

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 446
He prolly said his stuff was better because he prolly has never heard of adire audio and he just wants to sell you some subs. Did you let him hear the Brahma?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 154
ya. i dont have all my equip. right now. im only feeding it 400 watts in a 1.8 vented box. im going to go back over there when i get my amp and a 2.5 cub. vented box. i cant wait to shut him up. and then he is going to be pulling his teeth out of my dump

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 155
im going to feed it about 700-800 watts

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I can see where he would be coming from lol. If you only had 400 watt's. The T1 might sound better. The only way to see who's is better is to have a little comp after you get your set up compleet!

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 158
i know im just really poor right now and i am looking to buy an amp. anyone selling an amp, or willing to give me an amp.LOL he also compared the two on a computer, he didnt even run the t1. and the t1 isnt even rf entry level sub. up there with there best isnt it

taylor17
Unregistered guest
I might sale you my rockford p8002 that put's out 800 watt's at 4 ohms. I think it is a little pricey for you tho.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 163
probably. im looking for a 1 ohm stable amp. right now the best buy i can find in my price range is a hifonics 1500 mono amp for like 270

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Personally I don't know about that amp but everyone on the thread's seem to like it. How do your brhama sound with 400 watt's I was thinking about geting a pare of them and keeping the same amp. Do you think they would sound better than my rockford hx2's? And the brhama's I would be looking at are 10's.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 165
i think my brahma with only 1.8 cu. ft. and 400 watts is around 135-140 not too sure. i left the dealer before he tested it. i was pissed. the hx2 is a good sub, but personally, i like the brahm brahm more. 10s would sound great. i only have one 12. i love it

taylor17
Unregistered guest
Where did you buy your brhama and is that the cheepest place I can get them.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Hunter Warren go here...
http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=193
save sum money on the Hifonics BX1500D

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 309
Hunter Warren,

what kinda car do you have your brahma in?
and what mic did you use to test your spl?

i have 1 10" one in an ext cab silverado...i do ~138dB legal w/ 1200wrms (new AC mic).

the brahma is a great sub, they have really good SQ...i love mine!
i would much rather have a brahma than an RF sub. (i've had some bad expiriences w/ RF)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2701
Did you really expect a RF dealer to admit that your sub is better? :-) If you really want some SPL out of it, you'll want to feed the sub a lot of power around tuning. I'd do closer to 1000-1200 at tuning. And yes, IMO the Brahma is better than the T1. Paper cones are popular, but Adire doesn't use the typical pulp that crappy companies like Audiobahn use on their subs, they're fully epoxy treated and very strong and light. Look at all the high end home speakers you'll see, 90%+ of them use paper cones for the drivers (except tweeters). In a car, the main benefit of poly or metal cones and rubber surrounds is their resistance to moisture and other environment-related issues. But as long as your car isn't a leaking rustbucket, you have no worries with paper cones or foam surrounds. It's easy for someone that doesn't know Adire Audio to look at the subs and think they aren't high end. The car audio market has prided itself with flames, odd speaker shapes, shiny looking speakers and aesthetics. People tend to think that if it doesn't look good, then it must sound similar. If you look at the really high end car audio equipment, you'll notice your money is going to material quality rather than looks.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 485
"If you look at the really high end car audio equipment, you'll notice your money is going to material quality rather than looks."

most intelligent thing i've heard on this board in a long long while...

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 168
hey marshall i have it in a infiniti g20.
i havent had it tested yet, i was so mad that i left before i said or did anything i would regret, or involve the cops

Bronze Member
Username: Bassfreak596

Post Number: 51
but are the t1's good in sql ? ofcourse u cant compare the 600w rms sub with brahma but are they good on their own ?

the rf outlet close to my place told me that "Rockford Fosgate amplifiers are the most powerful on this planet".
this guy was rtti trained some rockford tech training institute and was going on and on..
ofcourse they wanted to sell but that wouldnt be possible unless i buy !!

are the t1 good ? sq / spl ??

taylor17
Unregistered guest
They are decent subs, not the best but not the worst

taylor17
Unregistered guest
They are decent subs, not the best but not the worst

Bronze Member
Username: Dnizzle

Raleigh, NC USA

Post Number: 27
RF makes nice stuff- The 15" T2 goes for around 500 and if up their with the w7, brahma, and x.x.x. Their top line, Team RF, is also very good.

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 37
What about ALPINE ? type r's and Type x I think alpine makes the best subs. next to JL Audio. aesthetically and performance wise. Think Adire Audio can compare to these brands?

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 215
you guys know wats funny? at my rf local dealer the guy there said the 12" hx2 will blow a 12W7 out of the water.! i was like haha sure there buddy.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2742
IMO, Adire Brahmas will walk over everything Alpine has out there. I personally like the Brahma more than all of JLs subs too. It's all preference, though.

Bluntman420
Unregistered guest
your also working with a different budget when your looking at alpine. if you want a system that hits really hard for under a grand then guess where your lookin....alpine.....for the money and quality alpine is top notch no matter what anyone says...

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 324
hey guys, i have to interject, if you want to see what that brahma can do then hook up this little amp to it, the SPL Z1X3000D. 2300rms at 1ohm
this sub is just starting to come alive with 2000rms. these subs will handle tremendous amounts of power in short burps. and this amp can be bought for around 300 bucks. i've burped these amps at .35 ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us