What amp do i need?

Bronze Member
Username: Ginuwinepz

Post Number: 21
I have 2 15" kicker comp CVRs....i need to get a reasonablely priced amp to power them good....any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 762
Try RF T10001BD or Kicker KX1200 amps. If they're too expensive, try JBL 1200.1, JL 1000, Audiobahn A4125HCT/2300HCT, MXA8001/MTX 6500D.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 474
he's powering the comp vr's, not the sun, depending on your voice coils find a 2 channel amp that'll put out somethin glike 500 x 2 depending on specs of subs, i've got an amp that puts out 400 x 2 @ 2 ohms if your interested

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i want to put as much power to them as possible, without ruining them.....how much are you asking for that amp? and what brand is it?...you can email me if you want to at ginuwinepz@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 475
From what i've read the kicker compvr 15's are rated at 250watts rms a piece. Depending on your voice coils i have an amp that puts out 400 x 2 at 2 ohms or 200 x 2 at 4 ohms., if you've got 4ohmDVC subs that amp may be a little too much power to run those subs safely. a sub isnt meatn to receive its peak power rating for extended periods of time, the other amp i have puts out 230 x 2 at 2 ohms which would be pretty damn close to perfect for ya.

The first amps an audiobahn A8002T amp, i modded the cooling fan from a 60mm fan to an 80mm fan, and the other amp is a kenwood kac-7201, im 99% sure the kenwood works but it just needs a new fuse as i took the fuses from it to give to a freiend.

The audiobahns 210shipped and the kenwood is 125shipped. Both would come in original retail package.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i might be very interseted in the audiobahn....i need to talk to my dad about it because i think he is going to pay for it as a christmas present do you have any photos of it? what kind of shape is it in? and how old is it? does it come with the remote bass control?

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 480
I've had the amp since i'd say...mid june, i beleive i received it as a birthday present, didnt install it until August so it hasnt seen all that much use, shape, pretty damn good shape i think for being chrome, there are a few scratchs...nothing that is deep, just surface scratchs that are only visable from the right angles, mainly from cleaning, Give me an Email at JMLoughrey@aol.com and i'll reply back with some pics for ya. Yea i can send you the remote bass control and the digital volotomere that for with the amp for another 15 bucks, they MSRP for 20 a peice so 225 shipped would get you the amp,bassknob and digital volotmeter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us