No Sound From Speakers!

Bronze Member
Username: Cavi954

Deerfield, Florida

Post Number: 17
Ok i finished installing my jbl amp and the two L7's but I can't hear anything coming from the subs. on the amp the green light came on and everything looked like it was going good. then i started to turn up the volume and still no sound, no thump, it was like the werent even hooked up. i checked all the wiring and everything. so then i started to play with the knobs on the side of the amp. i ended up blowing the fuse before i even heard a sound. i know i need a new inline fuse, but how come the amp didnt push the speakers at all? what do you think is broken? its really bothering me since i have more money in the broken system than the dam car. thanks for any help you can give

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 742
Hey Cavi, I'd check the amp's gain level control and speaker wire shorts. It could be that a wire has come loose or maybe some of the wire strands are shorting.
Best way to check your amp is, with the amp on and rca cables hooked up to it, touch one of the rca cables with your finger slightly. It should cause the subs to hum. If you hear that, then your amp is fine. If you hear nothing, and the amp's green light is on, then check your speaker wires for short.

Bronze Member

Deerfield, Florida

Post Number: 18
i after i hook them up to a series its ok to use all 4 speaker inputs right (2 +'s & 2 -'s) ? just makin sure

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 769
Hey Cavi, as long as you don't exceed the amp's ohm requirement, then it's okay to use both pairs.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 445
did you make sure that the subs are even wired up inside the box? i've done that before

Bronze Member

Deerfield, Florida

Post Number: 19
lol yea theyre deff wired up in the box, i even took um out to double check before i wrote the post

and about the amp i dont know if the 4 outputs are connected in parallel inside the amp which would make it 2 ohms. thats the prob.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us