Rockford 10" Punch HX2 box for big bass???

Anonymous

I have bought 2 RF 10" Punch HX2 and am trying to decide what kind of box to get, I listen to mainly Rap and want the big deep sound that you normally get with dual 12s. I can make a ported box between 1 and 2.5 feet per chamber so what size box should i build and what should i tune it to? Also is there any other tricks i could use to up the spl on my system? All help is greatly apreciated, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1158
ok first off, never compare anything to duals, they are absolutely horrifically made subs...compared to sony and boss and pyramid etc..

im guessing you went to best buy, i think they are the only ones offline who carry dual crap

anyways...go ported, i would say no more than 1.5 cF per chamber or 2.5 cF shared chamber and tune the box to 32-36 Hz for the big deep sound

Anonymous

when i said dual 12'd i was refering to a set of two twelves, not the brand dual, my bad.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1163
oh ok...

its not hard at all to get two 10s to sound better than a pair of 12's

just do what i reccomended, make a ported tuned to 32-36 Hz and throw about 300-400w rms on each sub and you will be amazed haha

Anonymous

ok, i have one last question, it seems like most "nicer" subs use square ports, is it ok for me to use a flared round port, and should i use any box stuffing or anything inside the box?

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1165
oh the shape of port doesnt matter at all..

some people just prefer building the port into the box with MDF rather than having to fuss around with the tubing and stuff

either way works perfectly fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us