Kenwood subs any good?

AudioNewbie
Unregistered guest
Are the kenwood KFC-W3009 subs any good? im thinking about getting 2 of them becuase i dont have too terribly much to spend. are they decent subs for the money and will they hit decent?

AudioNewbie
Unregistered guest
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 73
How much you paying for them? I would honestly look at the Elemental Designs 13kv.2 sub they are 125 each shipped. I promise you wont regret buying them

AudioNewbie
Unregistered guest
im getting them for 80 a piece

Anonymous

thats a bit high for those, but i would really try and save 90 more dollars and get the eD subs

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 87
If you are going with the kenwood KFC-W3009, They are cheaper on eBay($50 shipped)

AudioNewbie
Unregistered guest
i found some on ebay...now im not looking for subs to shake down the block, im looking for something that will sound decent when loud....i dont care if other people can hear them...but i just want something for me, that i can put up to like 30 and they will still thump hard and accurate...will they do that?

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 75
try cerwin vega vmax there about around the same price with nice sq and sp. i think the xmax is about 19

AudioNewbie
Unregistered guest
too late...already bought them...lol...will i like them?

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 78
Hope so!!

AudioNewbie
Unregistered guest
so will they be good subs? the kenwoods...cuz i got them off ebay..so yeah...will i regret buying them..are they crap?

Anonymous

we can't help you if you are going to act so impulsively.

If you don't like them, sell em.

Try again.

Help2
Unregistered guest
Kenwood doesnt make good speakers.
they dont make anything good really...
but youll get to decide that for yourself
now, wont ya. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1153
their excelon amps/hu's are alright but thats pushin it lol

AudioNewbie
Unregistered guest
hah...so will these subs be decent? i know they arent the highest quality..but are they total crap?

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1167
i wouldnt really take them if someone gave them to me to be honest...

nnnnick b.
Unregistered guest
i would take them, you would be surprised how much fun u can have with and electrical socket and a sub.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 214
Zzzzzzzzz hay mom the drapes caught fire again. No I don't know how I think it was that spontanious combustion thing again.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmmcool

Manistee, MI United States

Post Number: 24
and Electical socket will push over 1100 watts continous at 60 hz. Try that Free Air

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1171
lmfao

120v AC alone will absolutely eat the voice coils in half a bite...

now imagine if that drew about 20 amps? lol 2400watts = hunk of burnt voice coil + smoke

lol i did that with an mtx sub before...made some god awful noise and quite after about 5 seconds and that thing freakin moved!!! but the voice coil unwound like sorta bursted out of coil and also burnt up a bit

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2678
On realmofexcursion.com they did that to a thump sub. Quite funny :-).

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2679
I'd like to put a "5,000W" Audiobahn sub on 480V 3 phase at work and see what happens. I'd give it about 3 seconds.

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 73
LOL

yeah they should get a vid of that on the site too!!

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 340
Hey paddy get your amp yet? Give me a thread when you do!

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 76
yeh no probs damien, getting it installed this afternoon!!!

:-) will try and post up a couple of pics too, cant wait to hear my 15" L7 in my 4 foot enclosure i built! i have been waiting weeks to hear it!!! another 3-4 hours to wait! lol.

Unregistered guest
Kenwood makes good subs because they give you a real clear sound. Now if you get the excelon they sound way better tthen some mtx subs.And One of my friends had 4 excelons in a mitsubish eclipse and they sounded real loud, louder then 4 rockfords h2's and they both had the same boxes. I can here him comin like 6 blocks away from my house. But make sure you go with the rms of the sub so it can last you a long time and sound good. Another thing is get a kenwood amp and make sure it has the same watts as the subs rms or the amp will blow ur subs or sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us