Three JL 10w3v2 vs. One 12" Brahma

Username: Dallah7

Richmond, Va Usa

Post Number: 10
Does anyone have any opinions? I want to know which subs would hit hardest? Im looking for Spl then Sq.My jl's are wired to my RF X6 amp 850 watts RMS, but it not loud enough for me.

Would one Brahma be louder than my three jl's? I never heard a Brahma personally, but i hear nothing but good things on this site about them. How do i order one? Where would order it from? Now last but not least, is it worth the money.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1144
oh man that brahma will destroy the 3 w3v2's

hands down

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 137
3 12in brahmas. jk. the brahm brahm

Bronze Member
Username: Bruiser_bob

Post Number: 14
You an order it from;

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_brahm a/

or

www.adireaudio.com

or

U could get one that is already enclosed in a ''snail shell'' at; www.powered4sound.com

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 289
three jl w3's will be louder, my hands are bigger:-)

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 299
if both are in SQL ported boxes tuned at about 30hz, and the brahma 12 was on the SAME amp as the 3 10" w3v2's...

id have to say the 3 10's would out do the 1 brahma 12. those 3 10's would displace quite a bit of air.

but, its all in the install. 1 brahma 12 may be louder than your current set up...it all depends on how you set up your 3 10's and how you would set up the brahma...

what kinda box are your 3 w3v2 10's in???

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 292
well said marshall

Sucubus
Unregistered guest
post wh0re.

Bronze Member

Richmond, Va Usa

Post Number: 12
I dont know the exact measurements, but in a ported box. The box dosnt have separate chambers, they all share the same air. I purchase them already wired and loaded. only cost 100$ bucks!

Bronze Member

Richmond, Va Usa

Post Number: 13
What would be the best setup to have them hit harder than a Brahma? I was thinking about having a ported box made to specs. What specs would yall have it tuned to?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 301
man...you got a great deal on those w3v2's.
have you ever had your system metered?

anyways, a brahma (or x.x.x.) 15" w/ about 1200wrms in the right box should be louder.

what kinda vehicle is this gonna be in?

Bronze Member

Richmond, Va Usa

Post Number: 14
Yes! bought them from a repo man. Car, 95 ford explorer 4dr. Never got it metered yet. It has great SQ,but not quite enough Spl for me.(i might be crazy though)

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1148
you say the 3 10w3v2's will displace more air?

first off they are 10's, about 350 cm2 Sd each and the 12" brahma has roughly 500 cm2 Sd..

now thats dont, about 1050 sqr cm vs 500

now xmax...brahma has 32mm 1 way linear and 10w3v2's have 13mm 1 way linear xmax

just a very rough determination...1050 x 13 = 13650 cm2 by mm
500 x 32 = 16000 cm2 by mm

this proves the brahma can displace more air than the 3 10w3v2's physically, not theoretically

they will both have excellent SQ but i would learn more towards brahmas

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 306
yea...

a brahma 12 can displace more air, but he has a 850wrms to work w/ here.

the 3 jl w3v2's on 850w will most likly out do the brahma. i agree, the brahma 12 would kill those 3 10's, given enough power and a decent vented box.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1149
oh no it does not need more than 850w rms to destroy..

a brahma penidng on the box can reach mechanical limits with 500-600w rms clean power..

850w rms would be plenty...and if you read adires warranty, they claim...if more than 1000w rms is placed on a brahma, the manufacturer's warranty is void, because this is breaching their warranty

power ratings = thermal, not mechanical

i can guarentee that a brahma with 850w rms in a vented tuned to 34-36 Hz will be absolutely deafening and probably be in the mid to upper 140's as far as spl

comparatively, the 12" brahma can displace almost exactly the same amount of air as a 12w7 looking at the T/S parameters

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 308
i see what ya mean...

but i dont think a 12" brahma w/ 850w tuned at 34-36hz would be in the high 140s...prolly mid or low 140s though. (maybe it might in something like a CRX, but it would need to be tuned to the vehicle resonance frequency)

the brahma is an unreal sub...i agree...i easily do 138db w/ 1 10" brahma.

it would all denpend on the install, i think we both agree on that one.

Gold Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1161
yep...i would say mostly the box and type of car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us