Proffesional Opinion Regarding This Enclosure Concept

Username: Karthalin

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 1
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Heres the scene: 96 BMW M3 (E36) 2 dr. I plan on having 2 RE X.X.X 10" Subs in this enclosure, pushing 1500W RMS to them. I have a friend with a fiberglassing shop, so I can get it fabricated. Right now I am playing with sub enclosure ideas.

I listen to fast and hard hitting haouse and hard house techno, some R&B, some Rock. So, I am going for a sealed enclosure about .7 ft^3 per sub (mfg recommended) This enclosure can have a max volume of around .85 ft^3. It will attach to the underside of my rear deck and fire towards the rear.

I am looking for opinions and ideas on improving this design. Its just a concept right now, I have other I am working on too. But I kinda like this one, looks like giant breests when you pop the trunk, lol. Should I make the enclosure the full .85 or shoot for EXACTLY .7 as much as I can? How will making it bigger affect my sound quality? Anyone see a gianormous flaw with this design? ANY AND ALL INPUT is greatly appreciated, thanx!!!

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 2
And No, I dont plan on using my trunk to haul anything, thats what a truck is for

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 4
Come on yea basterds! Someone Post!

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 203
I feel like you are making things harder than they need to be. Since you know someone that does fiberglass work I would put the tens in a sealed .7 cube box, and fire them thru the rear deck, have him fibergass a peice betweent the box and the opening. It will sound alot better this way. I am a raver myself, so sound quality is very important to me. So if I was you I would port the back deck and do something trick with your amp racks if you still something trick to show off.

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 12
Well I dont want anyone to look in the car and see something they want to jack. The tint is 15% so you can still see inside a bit in the right light/angle. I want everything to look stock except when I open the trunk. Lemme play around in Solid Edge and post a pic of what I think you are trying to convey

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 15
Ok, here goes this idea now:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Tacoma, WA USA

Post Number: 16
Basically its an upward firing sub, fill the space with some dynomat material, but around the 10" cut outs of the Deck (between deck and box) I should make some sort of fiberglass port so that there is an air tight seal, making the sub fire full force into the cabin of the car? Why not just use a rubber ring and smash it in there real good? Heh, could work.. and I would cover the 10" holes in the deck with mesh or somthing like it. Is this what you were trying to convey JeremyC?

After subs are installed each compartment is .73 ft^3

I can attatch my amps to the bottom or sides of this thing too.. hhmmm.... not a bad idea mabye, eh??

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2694
Consider an aperiodic install. It would use the 10" subs in the rear deck as you pictured, with very little space loss, plus through the trunk you can see the motor of the subs, which looks great. You can cover the rear deck with grille cloth to avoid thieves, if done well it will look totally stock and sound nothing like it. Fantastic sound quality, the tightest you'll get, and minimal space loss. Here is more information about aperiodic membranes:
http://www.elitecaraudio.com/article.php?sid=18
http://www.maximacar.com/aperiodic.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us