Sub Box question

Needing_help
Unregistered guest
Will this box (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5733937508&ssPageName= STRK:MEWA:IT) be ok for two infinity kappa perfect 12s (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-feVkeqxxJcW/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=67700&I=108PER12 1). Please I need feedback, this is a Christmas present.

Bronze Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 20
I couldn't get the link for the box, but regardless of what it was, you need a medium density fiberwood (3/4" or 5/8") box with 1 cubic foot of volume per sub. Get like a Q-logic type 1 box - all of this is on that page anyway!

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 286
try here for boxes, www.topedgeonline.com they make quality stuff for good prices and are speedy on delivery. good luck!

Username: Rusio1

Phoenix, Az

Post Number: 3
I have a Q-logic bandpass box that has 2 ports on each side for 2-10" subs and 2 Fosgate P-1s SVC 400w @ 4 ohms. When installed they angle toward each other and are sealed by a plexiglass window. The questions I need answers to are, is this the right box for these subs, will this config. damage my speakers, and what is better for these subs ported or sealed?

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 39
I know those subs offer high SQ, so to better take advantage of that you'll need a medium size sealed box. Manufacturer specifies for optimum performance you need a box with 1 cubic foot per sub. Some subs can straight out sound like s**t in bandpass boxes! Not sure of those are one of them. If you want sound quality get the box I described above. If you want to get a little louder look up what ported box spec infinity recommends for those subs.

Needing_Help78
Unregistered guest
If I get a sealed box is it ok if its like 1.3 cubic feet per chamber and not 1 cubic foot per chamber?

Bronze Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 77
It will hit lower notes, but till handle less power...will overheat easier. I say go with 1.0 cubic feet, it'll be optimum for power and clarity.

Needing_Help078
Unregistered guest
couldn't i just put some poly-fill in it to make it 1.0 cubic feet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us