Infinity Kappa 120.3DVC...what u think

Username: Kure

Post Number: 16
what do u think of these compared to the kicker comp vr
and is the comp vr much louder than these???

here are the specs

These completely redesigned Kappa subs feature Infinity's innovative Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm (CMMD) material cones for unmatched stiffness and damping ability. Coloration and distortion due to cone breakup is dramatically reduced -- the only thing you'll hear are bass melodies that play through loud and clear. A flat progressive spider provides tight control at maximum excursion while the flared and polished vented pole piece maintains integrity when things start to heat up. Butyl rubber surrounds offer excellent cone-edge suspension will not break down due to moisture or UV exposure.
Features

Ceramic Metal Matrix Cone (CMMD)
Long Excursion Design (up to 12.5mm linear one-way)
Flared and Polished Polepiece Vents
Butyl Rubber Surround

Subwoofer Specifications

Size: 12 inch
Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 0.75 - 1.00 cu.ft.
Rec. Ported Box Dims: not recommended
Free Air Usage: not recommended
Sensitivity: 94 dB
Frequency Response: 18-150 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 300W
Peak Power Handling: 1200W
Impedance: dual 4 ohms subwoofer wiring options

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 69
these subs are alot better in my opinion than ANY kicker, im just not a big fan of kicker subs but i like infinity subs, specially kappa perfects

you should power this baby uing a bp300.1 amp, perfect match if u wire the sub's VCs in paralell, run it at 2 ohms and 300w rms

Username: Tlo211

Post Number: 16
Two 12" comp VR 2ohm DVC will blow those kappa's away...

Post Number: 77
yeah im saying 1 to 1 the kappas are superior to comp VRs not 2 to 1.....god i hate it when stupid people interveine like this lol

stick with that kappa and use a BP300.1 amp to run it, it will suite you well

Post Number: 17
yeh i kno they are superoir in sound quality
but are the kicker comp vr's much louder

cuz i listen to mostly rap r&b

Username: Tlo211

Post Number: 17
its_bacon... 1 to 1 the comp VR's are a better speaker, no doubt. Matt... if you listen to rap and R&B the comp VR is a better speaker for you, don't listen to itbacon... hes a lil confused

Post Number: 18
GlassWOlf what do u have to say???

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 951
since you're in the $100 price bracket it seems, take a look at www.edesignaudio.com as well.
eD may be a better solution for your tastes.

Post Number: 78
lol baller im not confused im speaking the truth here and just because you like the VR better doesnt me its overall a better speaker.............just your and my personal opinions

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
oh and btw i think that this sub will be PLENTY loud for you if you have it matched up to the right sub in the right enclosure.....it mostly depends on that and gain settings and resonance of vehicle, some other stuff like that but i would definately go with the kappa 120.3 dvc with a np300.1 anyday over a comp VR

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
oh and btw i think that this sub will be PLENTY loud for you if you have it matched up to the right sub in the right enclosure.....it mostly depends on that and gain settings and resonance of vehicle, some other stuff like that but i would definately go with the kappa 120.3 dvc with a np300.1 anyday over a comp VR

Post Number: 19
think i will go with the kappas in a bandpass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
or what about two kicker L5 10" (450rms)
i found them for $109
or stick with the kappas?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i would reccomend using a sealed box to the speakers reccomended size which i believe is 1 cubic foot.....bandpass will give u a more boomy bass and thats gonna lower the SQ of the sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
the l5 subs are more SPL than anything i would stick with the kappa(s) if i were you

Silver Member

Post Number: 958
screw a bandpass box if you want SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i want a mix cuz i like when ppl can hear the bass from down the road and not just in my car
thats what i like about the bandpass
u get me?

what about the two L5 10" in a seald box
wouldnt that be louder than the kappas in a bandpass??
and would the sound quality be good in the seald box for the L5?

remeber i mainly listen to rap, no rock

Silver Member

Post Number: 973
yeah I get you.
you're the kind of person I want to shoot in the head when I'm at a traffic light.
You're the reason I'm glad towns have noise ordinances and enforce them, and I laugh every time I see someone scream about having their car impounded by a cop for driving around pissing off everybody else with their poor tastes in music.

Here's a hint for ya.
the more you hear thesound outside the car, the less you hear it inside the car.
hearing anything outside of the car = bad system design, lack of damping, and loss of energy.

be more responsible. try to respect other people out on the road.
Nobody wants to hear your system but you.
That's one of the hardest things for some people to realize, but I swear to you, it's true.
I thik I may start a poll on my site about that.. "do you like hearing someone else's music from a loud, usually distorted audio system at traffic lights? Y/N"

I think I'm going to buy a Polka CD, and keep it in the car, just to crank it up and upset kids at stoplights when they turn up their crappy Nelly CDs. heheh

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
kappas in sealed boxes are your best bet...not they wont be extremely loud but you dont need very loud to sound awesome

infinity goes mainly for SQ and not spl with their speakers

Silver Member

Post Number: 977
sorry.
my computer was in a bad mood.
I blame the computer, and I'm sticking to that story.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us