DAMIEN ROBERTS

makeshift
Unregistered guest
hey, its me again about the alpine, someone told me 1 type x is better then 2 type r's is that right??? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 277
That depends on what your goal is; if you want SPL then yeah X is what you want; but for SQ a good mix of SQ and SPL then the Rs are where you want to be. There is a pretty good difference in money as far as powering more then one Type X (decent amp(s), HO alternator, etc...). The Type Xs do HIT (they are the best Alpine makes and are up there bump wise) but unless you just like listening to bass over music the Rs are more then plenty to please you when powered correctly. So "better" really constitutes what type of music you are listening to and the results you wish to achieve.

Username: Malstryx

Post Number: 1
oka that sounds good thanx

Post Number: 3
oka, this weekend i want to get it, i need to know exactly what to get, like all this $hit about 2 ohm and 4ohm and and which box, could u let me know,ever detail cause i would like to do this once and only once, please and thank you

Post Number: 5
oka, this weekend i want to get it, i need to know exactly what to get, like all this stuff about 2 ohm and 4ohm and and which box, could u let me know,ever detail cause i would like to do this once and only once, please and thank you

Anonymous

This kid damien roberts seems to know everything with cars...Do u have some experience or something dude? Congrats to you for being able to help everyone out like you do. You seem like a Very smart person. Thanks For Always helping people.

Post Number: 6
hahaha, he's helped me out a ton!!! he has to have some experience

Anonymous

He could be on that show...pim* my ride or something...It is people like that..that the world needs more of...lose the idiots and more people that have brains and are nice. Now a days everyone is an AS*.. He is more than willing 2 help anyone...What a nice person...I know very little about car audio..Im more into computers than car audio..i have a 1995 toyota supra and it came already with everything i needed it in. Very nice car

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 65
i kinda have a feeling that this "Anonymous" person is Damien, supras are very nice cars, Damien. lol

Anonymous

This is not damien...My name is Joe Cable and im from Brooksiville Florida...Sorry if it came across as him..Did not mean to cause any trouble..Just trying to be nice

Bronze Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 68
your a good kid "joe" keep up the good work

Post Number: 7
hahaha, that is very true tho joe, i hate people that tell u that some system is good but its really not, idiots jeeze....

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
Lol hardly me warren ;); while I do have a good amount of experience I wouldn't be on here under a shady anonymous name just to make myself look like a "cool guy"; hahaha thank you though anonymous! I wish I had a Toyota supra I have a Camry hehe; must be nice... :-)!

Post Number: 8
oka, this weekend i want to get it, i need to know exactly what to get, like all this stuff about 2 ohm and 4ohm and and which box, could u let me know,ever detail cause i would like to do this once and only once, please and thank you

Post Number: 9

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
Well boxes and loads (impedance/semen) depends on the equipmeant your looking at first... Decide what you want to buy then we can help you with a box and what ohm coils you should get.

Post Number: 10
1. 12" 1221D Alpine Type R subwoofers
2. Alpine V12 MRD-M501 Class D amp

not sure if i want to get 2 type r's or jus one, but right now im thinking im gonna get 1 and add on after christmas and im birthday so have some more cash. but i gotta c how much it all is gonna be, b/c my cousin is gona get it all for me at cost. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 448
How much did you pay that Anonymous guy Damien.. *grin*
You should hire him to be your PR guy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
yeah I should isaac lololol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
damien can u help tell me what i need to get (box, ect.) if i buy 2 12" 1221D Alpine Type R subwoofers and 1 Alpine V12 MRD-M501 Class D amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Sure read as follows:

1. Ported box - They work VERY nicely in a ported enclosure; my box has port plugs so you can make it sealed or ported if you wish.
2. 4 gauge power wire with in-line fuse holder (60A fuse).
3. 4 gauge ground wire
4. Some remote wire
5. A good pair of RCAs (best buy etc...)
6. 16 gauge speaker wire (Wal-Mart 8$ for 50') will do just fine.
7. V12 MRD-M501 - $260.00 (www.etronics.com)
8. 2x Type R 1221Ds - $107.00 (www.etronics.com)

From there setup your subs and determine if you need a HO alternator or a capacitor; bump!

Bronze Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 68
my cousin just bought the same audio equipment for his 97 jetta... how do u think thatll sound in that car...

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
The jetta is a small car and it should be quite loud... to say the least lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Damien how would three of the 1241 type rs sound?
Im doing my sisters car for her and she really likes bass .. i was thinking 3 type rs with a slot ported box and a good 1200 watt amp.. i have a jbl bp1200 but its killing subs left and right ... what do u think would be a good replacement?

Silver Member

Post Number: 653
Hey Mike, why would you want to get 3 subs? They will give you odd speaker ohms. You either go 1, 2, or 4 pairs. Getting 3 won't maximize the amp's potential.
Instead of 3, go up in size and get 2. For example, 3 12" subs or 2 15" subs.
I'm sure you know that jbl 1200 amp will use up lot of current right? HO alternator, cap, 4 gauge power wires etc. are all required.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 287
Whoa, Damien, I have to to put my two cents in here. Now I'm not trying to be an a$$ or anything or impose, but do you really think that 16 guage wire will be enough for a type X subwoofer? The walmart brand thing is ok, i have some myself, but I wouldnt go with anything lower than 12 guage. Please tell me if I have been misinformed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Maybe Ill go with 2 15 inch Type Rs with a nice 1000 watt mono amo like the brutus

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
Now you're thinking Mike.

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
Three 12" Rs actually may be perfect depending on the amp. For example if you have say a MRD-M1001 that puts out 1,000 watts @ 14.4V and three DVC 4 ohm Type Rs (900 RMS together) wired for a 2.6 ohm load then assuming that most stock alternators will not put out 14.4V on the nose (about 13.8 - 14V); your three Rs would then be powered nicely and may actually be a little under powered...

Johnny for Type Rs 16 gauge wire is fine; there will not be much of a difference between 16 and 12 gauge speaker wire besides looks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
People, don't fall for the marketing scam. There are no high currents flowing in your speakers. It doesn't need low gauge wires. It's like the peak power ratings. All a sham to make you spend your money. Some morons think that pugging in 4 gauge wire will improve your audio sound! I've seen those monster commercials by wire companies. They guarantee that using their 4 gauge wire will improve your listening pleasure. Yea right, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank with your money.
Oh damien, I'd still go with 2 subs... easier on the wallet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
Yeah easier on the wallet but if he wants to go three there is really no disadvantage to it besides space and $$ O_o. Fsck it! What ever works for you mike; if you have the cash spend it, why not :-)!?

Bump!

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 288
o ok.
Hey Damien maybe you can help me, Im looking for a new sub. I trying to decide between a JL W6V2 12" or an IDQ v.2 or maybe a ID MAX v.3. but mainly the choice is between the JL and the IDQ, I will be pushing it with a RF P3001. Which would sound better with that amp in a 2.5 cu.ft. slot ported box. I think the box is tuned to 25 htz. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us