Orion crossover question

Username: Tullphan

Post Number: 4
I have a Alpine 9813 head unit. I saw an Orion 300 CRX crossover w/cables for sale cheap. I was wondering, since I know absolutely nothing about this crossover, if it requires an Orion amp or anything special. From what I could tell, the cables were DIN on one side but I couldn't tell about the other.
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5680
on a 300CRX, the inputs are DIN or RCA. output are 3 DIN.
high, middle, and low freq.
yes it only works with Orion's older amplifiers, or some of the older PPI amps (art series)
the 300crx derives its power from the amplifiers, via the DIN cables and a phantom power supply.

I have two of the 200CRX units sitting on my bench right now, next to a 300PSW, 300PRQ, 400BDG, MBR70, and 4 SX series amplifiers.
Orion makes some ncie stuff, but all of the old signal processing gear ran from power through DIN cables. without an orion amp, you'd need DIN to RCA conversion cables (available) and the Phantom power supply module Orion sold for a while to drive their products without having one of their amps.
if I recall, the phantom supply uses 15VDC to drive everything and get a clean signal path through balanced DIN cables.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us