Where to buy sub grills?

Bronze Member
Username: Machman

Post Number: 16
By the time I get my sub mounted in the back of my RAV4 I'll have a new puppy that will be travelling back there.

I need a full grill that will cover a 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 with .6 inch of excursion. I really like the look of those Kicker covers, but a think a puppy would love to chew in between the spaces they have.

Does anyone know where I can get a decent looking cover? Also, they need to ship to Canada.

I've looked alot and I can't find anything, so any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5523
the Infinity Perfect isn't 6" Xmech.. lol My RE triple X 12" subs have a full 3" peak to peak and they're far greater Xmech than those Perfects.. just to get that clear.
now for grilles, go to crutchfield, or partsexpress.com and get a set of waffle style frilles.
they are convex in shape so they arch away from the subs to add space.
If more is needed, you can cut a spacer ring from MDF to go between the grilles and subs, too.
those are your best protection against a puppy. far better than the fancy crap they make for subs like audiobahn or kicker that look pretty but don't really keep paws out of the cone area.
they aren't the prettiest things, but I used them in my car for years and never so much as dented one.
example:

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5524
Upload

there

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 266
he said .6 lol you missed the . Glasswolf

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5529
oooh, six-tenths of an inch.. whew
that had me scared for a minute haha
yeah 0.6" Xmax isn't too much for grilles.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2606
You were about to have second thoughts competing against Infinity Perfects weren't you :-) lol just kidding.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 246
i posted this same topic a few days ago but got no responce so please dont think im butting into this thread. i have 2 12" VMAXs with an xmax of .8" would those same waffle type grills work for my subs? i dont care about looks really.. just as long as they get the job done. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2608
Yeah, you shouldn't have a problem at all. Most grilles can provide about an inch clearance or more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us