Voice Coils

RobertJ
Unregistered guest
How does a dvc sub work. it doesn't make scence when useing the ohms law. how does it connect interanly. i know how to get the differnt loads out of dvc subs, but i don't know how i'm getting them. Just need some help understanding them.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 198
well you have 2 negatives and 2 positives, depending on what ohm they are you can change the impedance using series or parrallel wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5531
it makes perfect sense really.
two 4 ohm coils in series is an 8 ohm load.
two 4 ohm coils in parallel is a 2 ohm load.
what is it exactly that you don't understand?
how the coils are wound? how resistance or impedance works when wired in series-parallel?
I'm not sure I follow you on what you don't get here.. sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2605
You seem to understand the concept of the numbers. The reason impedance drops with a parallel connection is because the current has more paths to flow, similar to if you had two water lines as opposed to a single water line, the two lines can flow more water and the resistance for the amount of water flowing will always be lower with the two lines. The reason that putting coils in series adds resistance is because you put two resistors in the current path opposed to just one. More stuff holding current back, basically.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
is there any thing you can show me that shows how the wiring is done internally in the sub. i'm just confused on how the two voice coils are connected, and how the current is flowing through the sub.

RobertJ
Unregistered guest
guys i could still use some help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5653
I can't find anything handy that has an exploded isometric of a DVC speaker.
the links I had handy are dead.. Jon may have some
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us