Want good SQ, inexpensive 10 inch sub: help

Username: Nyprober

Post Number: 1
Ok, so space is of concern to me, so I'd like to use a small, sealed box.. about .6cu ft. I'm prepared to pay anywhere from 50 to 150 on the sub (these are EBAY prices, mind you), and maybe 50 to 60 bucks on an enclosure.

what would you guys recommend for great SQ, and still OK SPL? I've been looking at infinity perfects, mtx 7500, some polk, etc.. but I just don't know where to start because the only thing I've owned has been a pair of jensen 10's in a bandpass box, powered by a coustic 2x50 watt rms amp. The thing was just too big, and honestly didn't produce great sound.

Is aluminum much better than polypropylene? Lemme have some opinions, I'm just getting overwhelmed with how much is out there.

thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 156
i think you should consider vegas, type r's, and perfects. those should suit you well. also from what i've heard, i think aluminum subs are lighter than most other materials, therefore it will respond better. correct me if i'm wrong. i have 3 10 alumapros in a sealed box, and they maintain very good sq. although, they don't as loud as i'd like them to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us