Jl subs for focus

Username: Impkillin

Post Number: 1
I have a focus and am getting subs in it for my birthday. My goal: I have a stock 4 cylinder focus, automatic, you know, pretty plain. But my main goal when driving my car is to make the riced out cars(those in the lame 4 cyl. range(like my own)) bow their heads in shame. My car is pretty much quick enough, esp. due to its being auotmatic(purely based on the fact that 16 year old kids cant shift). Now, i want bass. I do not know anyhting about bass, and therefore wanted to put in to 12 or even 15'' audiobahns. I even entertained the thought, briefly, of 2 15 solo-barics. I then talked to my dad, who does know something about bass, and he is maintaining that one 12" jl sub with an amp, a new head unit(cuzz mine doesnt have rca outputs, or something) and a box will put out enough bass to shake my head off. He was even saying that a 10 would do very finely. MY question is: can one 12 be felt and heard, is it gonna shake stuff? P.S. I have a sedan style focus, and also will i need dampening material, and is that the stuff that stops rattle?

Post Number: 2
Update, talked to my dad, and the jl is gonna be a 12 in. w3, not a w6, with a 500 wat amp.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 213
One thing to say, DO NOT GO WITH Audiobahn. They are purely beauty, no quality. Yes one 12'' will bump, i have 1 12" pioneer, it has 250 rms, and it can shake if i wan't it to. So one jl sub will do the thing. It's a very good sub, good sound quality and can bump also. The difference between a 10" and a 12" depends of the music u listen to. If you listen to fast sub beats, you are better of with a 10, faster reaction. If u listen to song that hit low tones, the 12 is your thing.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 243
dont feel enclined to buy JL products.. especially if you are on any type of budget. dont get me wrong, they are awesome subs, but are very overpriced. if you prefer buying your audio equpment at a dealer than thats another story because everythings overpriced, but if youre thinking about buying online you can save alot of money. 1 12" with the right box and power can deffinetly be heard and felt. id focus on looking more into car audio befor buying anything though. theres alot to be learned and its not something to rush into even if your dad tells you he knows what hes talking about. read around these forums and a couple car audio articles and youll be amazed how much knowledge you gain in a short period of time.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2588
The W3 is a good sub and does hit hard, but it isn't going to make anyone bow their heads in shame as you want. You'll need a stronger sub(or subs) and more power. Depends a lot on how much money you can invest in the system.

Help
Unregistered guest
2 eD 13Kv2
1 eD NINe 1
$485 to your door.
That is all

Bronze Member
Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 38
im with jonathan, w3 is a good sub, but a little overpriced for what it is. jl is also sold all over the place so its easy to get a good warranty on it (at least where i live). so your dad is right about that sub, it is a good sub, but you could get better for cheaper if you really took the time. if you wanna make people bow their heads in shame get a w6v2 :P

Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 7
I could shift at 16, aside from that u might want 2 at least go up to the W6v2 or even consider a different brand

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 95
if you were considering paying enough for 2 15" kicker solos, i would suggest maybe 2 12" Adire Shivas, or if your looking at 15", i suggest a pair of Cerwin Vega V-Max's

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2604
I could double clutch when I was 16, but basically I was forced to learn to double clutch, the synchros in that truck I had weren't too effective :-) I got really good at it after a while, though, I could spank on an automatic pretty easily.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Im learned to Double Clutch for a Semi, 16-17, had to or I coudnt drive, going back soon to get more training for a semi driver. but I got 6yrs till I can drive for company's so...would you like to super size that? j\k noway

Post Number: 3
I'm lost as to when we got into double clutching. P.S. Got the w3 with the factory created box, and the jl 250.1 amp, today, letting it break in. I like it alot, though there is some trunk rattle :-( 2xP.S. Ne1 heard the w7? Its pretty awesome, good guys carries it, and you can listen to it there (or at least at the one by me). Thanks for all the comments, I decided on staying with the jl, cuzz i was buying at a dealer, and well, its jl, its the nicest stuff they have there. I didnt go with something bigger, cuzz i realized that i'd need alot of dampening stuff, so cheers.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Nope the bast*rds at my Telka dealer had them on shelfs, wouldnt hook them up. So no idea what they sound like.

Post Number: 4
another question. Within the next year(whenever i run into adequate finances) I'd like to put in another sub. Is there any problem with putting in a different brand, or size? Is it even possible? I currently have the sub on the left side of the trunk, if facing it from outside rear, and was thinking another 12 would be good, but not sure if i wanna drop antoher 800$ after install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us