Which amp should I get????????

Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" Hyper Pros and i am wondering which amp i should get for them, i have been looking at the Rockford 351m, does anybody have any sugs. on which one i should get. Any info would be nice, Thanks.

Bird0813
Unregistered guest
Can someone help me please!!!!!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 918
what is the RMS power handling for the suts you have, and what is the voice coil configuration?

Bird0813
Unregistered guest
Does this help?

Description
Strong Paper Cone Wide Heavy Foam Surround Large 2" Kapton Voice Coils Bumped & Vented Pole Piece w/Rubber Gasket & Rubber Magnet Boot Rigid Powder Coated Stamped Steel Basket
90 Oz. Heavy Magnt Structure
overall Diameter 12.17"
4 Ohms Impedance
SPL @ 1W/1M 85DB
Magnet 90 Oz.
Frequency Response: 26.7Hz
Mounting Depth 5.14"
500 Watt RMS Power
1000 Watt Peak Power

Post Number: 934
you want an amplifier that puts out 1Kwatt x 1 @ 2 Ohms

that'll give each sub 500wRMS.

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 76
....are they pyramid subs bird?

Post Number: 943
"HyperPro"

Bird0813
Unregistered guest
Yeah they are

Bird0813
Unregistered guest
So Glasswolf, Which amps would you suggest if you don't mind.

There is a local dicount audio store and he was trying to sell me a sound storm 1200 watt amp, he said that the Rockford 351m wasn't as good.

I can get the Rockford for 150 and the sound storm for 170, but i think i am going to go with the Rockford. I am still waiting a week to decide.

Silver Member

Post Number: 961
hahahaha
as much as I dislike RF's current stuff...

sound storm is total sh|t.
it's another company trying to rip off a better product's name (soundstream) just like rockwood, american bass, and so on.
that sales person should be shot.
you may as well go buy legacy or pyram, oops wait..
you did.

ya know you really may want to save up a bit and buy good equipment instead of going for the cheapest stuff you can find. It'll serve you much better in the long run.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
get something like the R1400D or R2200D boss amp to go with those crappy subs so you can have a crappy setup......all around crappy for the cheap man nothin wrong with being cheap, just means youll have to buy new stuff in about 6 months heh

get something like a pair of shivas from adire audio and something like a BP1200.1 amp to push em if you want something worth the money cuz ur just pretty much throwing your money away with those subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
and why the hell would you look at a 351m to power those btw? thats only 175w rms to each sub which is not close to their rated power handling...youll want something like a 1001bd if u want to give them the power they can handle, or so says pyramid...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us