Subs behind truck seat. PLEASE RESPOND

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 229
after getting alot of work done on my truck (paint job, tint, drop, and custom alarm) i am finally ready to install my subs. pisses me off because my entire system has been sitting in my room for 3 weeks because my truck has been gone so much i didnt feel the need to install when i wouldnt even be able to listen to it.. but anywas. i was wondering, if the subs push into the back of my seat (reg cab truck w/ box directly behind the seat for 2 12s) will it damage the subs at all? they wont be pushing into the seat all the time, im thinking they might touch when they hit full excursion. should i consider sub grills for protection? or is it not a big deal if they push into the seat? also will this muffle the sound or since its seriously right behind my as anyways will it not make much of a difference? any help would be appreciated!

BlownRiv
Unregistered guest
the bass should go right through your seat. you will feel it.

whether or not the subs can be damaged by hitting the seat really depends on what subs you are using. i personally would get protective grills in any case, but if your subs have rubber surrounds, they should be pretty durable. foam, on the other hand, will degrade if it rubs against anything. i have seen this happen first-hand with JL audio subs in the past.

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 232
i am using the cerwin vega 12" VMAXs. pretty sure its rubber now foam on the surrounds. i was thinking about grills but i wasnt sure if they would do anything or not. do you think the bass will be muffled at all, or since its right behind me it wont make any difference. thanks for your help blown. any idea where to get grills that wont limit my sub? (such as being too small they hit when the subs get to full excursion)

yep
Unregistered guest
kicker grills should do nicely

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 263
yeah get grills, I had some subs against my seat and the surround got messed up, it tore them a little after about a week.

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 233
thanks for the help guys. do you know where i can find a selection of grills? the only ones ive found on ebay were either the 'bling bling' chrome ones, or the audiobahn flame ones.. any others + sites to purchase from? thanks again!

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 239
http://search.cardomain.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=112&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=Mss Find%2Ecfg&host_id=42&page_id=3612416&query=grill&hiword=grill+GRILLE+GRILLES+GR ILLS+ would these work with 2 12" VMAXs? i cant seem to find anything else besides audiobahn and those plain black criss cross ones..please help me out on this, i want to order whatever i need soon so i can install this up coming weekend. thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 65
make sure you protect the outside of the subs, if anything is touching them, the other edges will fall apart

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 110
use vofenhag grills... lot of space. if ut customize spacers under the grill. it migh mess up ur spyder or coil since the seat is pushing back on the sub while the sub is trying to force against the seat.

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 111
one more thing,, u should try a customized box for that truck. maybe that'll help;

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 240
my box is customized..its fit to my truck at least. i really dont think the subs are close enough to the seat to hit the back or push into it..i just wanted to make sure in case they did. elecgenius, where can i get those vofenhag grills? also the seat isnt like a rock or anything, its soft..its really easy to push into for the first 2 inches or so..and the subs wouldnt come close to going in that far if they go in at all. id rather just be on the safe side. im going to mount the box + subs and see how much room is between the seat and subs. the distance will hopefully be greater than the xmax of the sub.

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 241
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us