Is this right

taylor
Unregistered guest
I just had a rockford system put in a z71 extended cab. I hav 2 rfd2210 10 inch hx2 subs with a custom built box. Pushing them is a rockford p8002 amp bridged they told me it wold push 800 watts to each sub. When i got the truck back it didn't sound like a 1600 watt system pluse the amp started to overheat. When i got home i tested the db's with a cheep radio shack tester it showed to hit from 124 to 127 db's. Is the good for this set up or am i geting f..ked? and wold bridging that amp cause it to over heat or where i hav the amp's cause it?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 255
I dont know, but I hit 133 in my car with 600 watts of true power with 2 12's, What im leaning toward is because they are 10's

taylor
Unregistered guest
ya i got the system yesterday and when i listened to it to day it raddled my ear drumbs i think it was becuse the subs haven't been broken in is the reason they didn't sound so good yesterday

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 702
That amp is only gonna give about 350 to each sub. Its a 1600W, 800W RMS amp (2 channels) so RF ratings are pretty close to what they say. But your set up is correct. The amp shouldnt be overheating. Rockfords get hot (i have one too) its just a RF thing. Make sure your amp is in a area with good air flow.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 236
you shouldnt be playing your subs to their max. right when you get them. they need to be broken in properly or damage will occur. i think it was 20-40 hours of listening at HALF or less volume before turning it up. this could be why they arent hitting as hard as you thought as well

taylor
Unregistered guest
thanks that might be the reason my amp felt so hot i hav it behind the back and there is no air geting to them at all and i figured they wern't broken in. what do you mean they only hav 350 watts rms from that amp the guy told me if i bridged the amp it shold hav 800 rms. But now there is a bigger problum see the thread titled problum need help please! to see the problum
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us