Opinions on Super-Subs

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 151
I'm curious, and I was just comparing the w7 with the titanium pro from eclipse. the w7 i believe puts out 1000 rms (13w7) but the titanium pro puts out 2000 rms. has anyone heard of the titanium pro and if it's sq oriented? I'm pretty sure that the titanium pro puts out spl though. any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1046
the Ti Pro's put out huge amounts of SPL not so much SQ wise...if you want SQ go with something else, cuz that TiPro will sound slightly muddier than the w7 or a brahma or triple X, idmax, etc...

i personally like brahmas and IDMAXs the most, but thats my preferance

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 222
subwoofers don't "put out watts", they "put out" decibals.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1048
lol this is true i missed that..

they cant put out power, they can handle power and ratings are only thermal, not mechanical always keep that in mind

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2549
The motor for the Ti Pro is extremely strong, really it's more SPL inclined. In a SQ application, notes will be overproduced at times and the driver overdamped. It does have a very high linear excursion, but that doesn't really make it a great SQ performer. For SQ and daily purposes, the regular Titanium will give better results, it can get very loud as well. As far as Ti vs. W7, that's totally subjective, you should really listen to as many subs as possible and make your own decision on that matter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us