Johnathan

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 194
this is not sub related but i bought the 8264's with the titanium tweets i heard them at a local shop so i bought them off ebay for 199

i thought it was a good deal for new speakers

im going to "re box" my 2 12" vmax's so they fit in my 05' civic which ill run off my mtx 6500 amp

and i bought a 2001 model 3421 eclipse hu on ebay for 20 bucks

and my amp is the 33230 but wooferstech is backordered on it so it may take awhile

where do you reckon i ought to put the hole for the tweets seeing as I have no factory space for them?

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 195
lol i always mess up spelling your name my bad

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2547
Really, that's totally subjective and depends on a lot of things. Get some velcro or double sided tape and play around with locations to get the best results. I haven't heard those newer Eclipse components, so I don't know how strong the tweeter is or the crossover design. Start with the tweeter close to the mid (either in the door or kick panels) and try that for a little while. If that seems too low for you, experiment with dash or A-pillar locations, and try it with regular polarity and reverse polarity (flipping + and - of the tweeter on the crossover) and see if that gives better results. Also, try sail panel or upper door. Really, it's a subjective matter and depends on your tastes and those components, which I haven't heard yet so I can't really go in depth on what they work best as.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us