Asking for Suggestions

PB
Unregistered guest
Hey i was just wondering if you guys would mind sharing your 2 cents on what I should get on for the bass line of my system. I have about 450 $ to spend online to get the subs amp and enclosure. I listen to punk, metal and just rock. Im thinking about 2 10 inches in a sealed box but other than that i have no idea what brand and size amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~Thank you

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 862
you could go with two Adire Shiva 12" subs ($120 ea) and a JBL BP600.1 amp (600wRMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms $210) and built a sealed box for about $40 in parts.

Alternatives are Kicker CompVR 10" subs, JBL BP300.1 amp, or even JL Audio 10W0 subs with the 300.1

PB
Unregistered guest
Thank you Glasswolf.

PB
Unregistered guest
Glasswolf will the Shiva's Kick hard? Can you give me a rough idea what kinda sound I will get out of these cus I don't know anywhere that I can Demo the Shiva's.

Username: Newb

Post Number: 77
yeah unless ur gonna enter a comp, 2 shivas r plenty. if u wanna become deaf put them in a ported box. i have one in a sealed box with about 350w rms going to it. at 80% volume i actually get a lil nauseated lol. yeah they hit hard!

Post Number: 870
Shivas hit very hard, and accept up to 650 watts RMS each
If you want to move up, go to the Adire Brahmas, but they take a lot more power.

PB
Unregistered guest
Thanks again.

For the enclosure can I buy a prefab and if so what does the width of the opening have to be 11.000 like the mounting plate of the shiva or what. Or should I just build my own, and if so can you point me in the direction of a guide.

Post Number: 921
best off building a box to fit your car.
www.bcae1.com has all the info you should need.

PB
Unregistered guest
One last thing.

If i were to get a 1200.1 JBL ( it would be stretching my budget) would it be worth it? I am not looking to deafen myself i just wanna be able to have high quality bass and feel it in my chest. I have 2 ADIRE SHIVA 12" . Thanks again~~

Post Number: 942
the 1200.1 is a graet match for two Shivas.
you'll need a high output alternator for that amplifier though.
it draws ~114A @ 2 Ohms, continuous.

PB
Unregistered guest
ahhh : ( i guess ill have to save that for an upgrade. Thanks

Anonymous

rite now i have 2 solo baric 10's (not squares), they r 200wrms 400watt peak, im pushing them with a kicker zr240. what kind of amp would u say i should get, if u think there is an amp out there that would hit harder. Thanks

PB
Unregistered guest
Glasswolf,

Do i parallel wire these subs to the amp or what?

That will be a 2ohm load to the amp, right?

Username: Amplifierhelp

Post Number: 3
if i wire 2 4ohm subs to be 2ohms, and i hook it up to a 300rms @2ohms, will it give 300rms to each sub or only 150rms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1030
PB yes parallel, and it'll be two Ohms.
the JBL amp has two sets of speaker terminals, so it's simple.
just wire one sub to each set.

claudio, 150W each.

Post Number: 4
yeah, but i buying a mono amp, 300rms at 2ohms and 150rms at 4ohm, im trying to see if i could buy 2 4ohm subs wire parallel make 2ohms and wire it to the single channel mono amp at 300rms, my question was that if in mono the 2 subwoofer will get 300rms comin out of the amp, or will the get 150rms each?thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1035
just what I said.
if the amp is driving a two Ohm load, and the amp is putting out 30 watts, each sub gets 150 watts.

Post Number: 5
whats better 2 150rms sub or 1 300rms sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 1056
all things otherwise being equal, they will be exactly the same.

double the power = +3dB
two subs instead of one = +3dB
you get exactly the same gain by doubling the amp power, or by adding a second sub and keeping the same power amplifier.

Post Number: 6
so 1 300rms sound the same as 2 150rms? so i should get i 300rms cuz it takes up less space?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 116
yes'm

Post Number: 9
change of plans, im getting a power acoustic 2ohm dvc 900rms 1800peak, if i wire the 2 2ohms voicecoil to make 4ohms and i hook it up to a 800rms 1800peak amp, is it going to sound like 800rms or is going to sound like 400rms becuase the power is going to 2 voice coils.?????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
bad claudio, dont get a FUBR sub....power acoustik makes crap subs

get an adire audio shiva, much much better

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
bad claudio, dont get a FUBR sub....power acoustik makes crap subs

get an adire audio shiva, much much better

Post Number: 10
why you say there crappy?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1106
they suck.
poorly made, poor performance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i see well hear cars at my school from like 1/2 a block how many watts doesn it have to be to sound that good or rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
how many watts does a shiva need to sound good? 650w rms is its max RMS power

and btw, ur the stupid people glasswolf wants to hurt.....dont mean anything by stupid but just how u want to get the loudest bass and show it off....

get 2 12" shivas, buy a BP1200.1 JBL amp and put the shivas in sealed boxes and you will get awesome bass....not gonna be the loudest but loud isnt very important...

and if you want to be like the rest of those retards blastin a system to show it off, ur gonna get ticketed by any cop around that can hear it too, so just remember that....kids like you give us ordinance laws

Gold Member

Post Number: 1120
ticketed if he's lucky really..
If he's unlucky he'll attract the attention of every thief in a 6 block radius, and he'll come out to his car in the morning and find a window smashed, and the car stripped.

It happens. A lot.
All they ahve to do is note your car and the plates, then see the area where you live by following you.
They can look for the exact house that night when they come back to do your car.

You really need to be careful about where you turn up the car system.. and who knows you have one at all.

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Post Number: 106
Thats what my 2 pitbulls are for in the yardand if that doesnt work theres always the 12 gauge in my room.By the way Bacon whats wrong with blastin your system isnt that really why we all got into car audio in the first place I mean If I couldnt blast my music I'd rather not even have it.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
**pb**
power acoustik is just a pyramid in disguise, but pyle
lanzar
legacy
power acoustik
pyle
are all from the same company and basically same junk just a different name. they are all owned by a company called Sound Around as the parent company and this is kinda like the lexus/infinity...nissan/toyota game where someone puts a new name on the same old POS and tries to sell the same thing for more.
this is a deceptive tricky market im sure you all may have seen the ones that play with altered names that are so similiar to name brand stuff and its off by a letter...buyer beware.
jay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
thats true jay i went to ebay, all the have is like lanzar,legacy,pyle, all that, but um......... my bro bough an amp called CRUNCH its really good its 250rms x2@4ohms and 500rms x2@2ohms and 1000peak, its been runnig well for about 7months now with no problems he has it runny 500rmsx1 @4ohms 1000peak with and MTX 12inch 500rms 1000peak sub, sounds great but he has it hooke up with the speakers not with the auxilary input, wich you think s0unds better auxilary or linelevel input.? also what about if instead of runnig one sub at 500rms i get 4 subwoofer wire each pear to 2ohms and connect each pear to one of the 2 channels of the sub is it gonna sound better then 1sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
well im thinkin everyone thinks their system is the best. and everyone who has a nice system likes to show it off. and yes i agree its annoying to hear other ppl's distorted bass. but does the car audio industry make 2000w subs and expect ppl to keep their windows up while their system is pounding away? im sure a lotta ppl with hi wattage systems buy it to annoy ppl and show off, not to try to win competitions right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1132
chas: does that make them right, though?

that's like saying I can legally own a gun, does the gun maker expect me to buy a .357 and not shoot some punk with it?

My point is this: Just because the products are sold, and are capable of high SPL, that doesn't relieve the owner of the responsibility to use the system properly, and to respect others.
Having power, and using it wisely are often two very different things, and not always synonymous.

just something to ponder. I'm not pointing any fingers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
well i guess its ok to shoot the kid if hes trying to steal ur subs:-)

im not arguing ur point, i agree u shouldnt annoy ppl. and yes i agree there r a lotta arsholes in this world. but im willing to bet 10% or less of ppl with hi spl systems drive around with their windows up. cmon gw, r telling me uve never driven around on the highway during a sunny weekend with ur music blasting in ur whole life?

its kinda like saying i have 500hp in my evo but i always drive responsibly(...yeah right). or of course i need an automatic weapon with armor/kevlar piercing bullets to hunt animals, they have very thick skin. i mean there r ideals and theres also reality. but like they say opinions r like an anus...everyone has one...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1139
my Charger is only 425 horses, but 490lb-ft torque ^_^

anyway on teh highway it doesn't matter. It's in residential areas and such that it's really irresponsible.
There's a difference between 70MPH, and sitting at a stoplight in town, ya know?

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
hey wolf...cool im building a tuned port 383 supercharged stroker for my camaro but i havent had time to finish it yet and yet another year went buy and its still waiting to get into the car but its also still gonna remain a daily driver and street car but my target HP is 550 to 600. i love rat engines! how about you are you using a big or small block?
right no i feel under powered with a slightly modified tuned port 350 with ram air and only 320 horses but anyways one day ill have what shoulda been in there to start with. those are some good torque number, what do you use for the rear end? mopars use dana's dont they? i got a hoghead ford 9" lined up for the stroker but dont need it yet since i have no real power yet.
yeah i agree with you though and a system owner should have better sense in managing their system and i think its basically common sense as to when adn where to turn it up and when not to.
more times than not i like to turn my system down just to hear the engine, and its a great sound from the exhaust and engine when your twisted up over 6000, how about you wolf? im sure you know what i mean.
heh but then again i guess if i had an import id keep my system turned up as loud as it will go since they can never make their engines sing like a good v-8.
jay

Gold Member

Post Number: 1151
1966 Dodge Charger with it's original numbers matching 426 Hemi big block V8, and 4-sp transmission.
250 were made in 1966, of which, 53 are known to still exist.
factory stats are:
425HP @ 5000rpm
490lb-ft torque @ 4000rpm

1966 426 Hemi Dodge Charger

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
heh heh aha a '66 426 hemi...well thats an extremely under rated engine if i ever saw one.
very nice!
i've heard the hemi's put out number closer to well over 600hp just like the fords cobrajet engines and at that crazy time in the 60's alot of those great big blocks were under rated to get them into nascar but in any event nice charger.
i have a couple friends here who builds and collects mopars...hes gonna love seeing that pic of yours!
i have nothing that rare yet but right now i have my eye on a all original 69 chevelle with a 350 turbofire thats only got 67,000 original miles and factory air, its from a old couple who bought it new and was a farm car and if i hadnt have seen it a couple weeks ago i wouldnt want to buy it but its stuff like that that keeps me from finishing my engine :P
ive got the 87 iroc z-28
66 mustang 289 hi po w/fact air
65 galaxie 500 2 dr hrd tp with a 390 w/dealer air
71 mustang fastback (not a mach) no air
89 oldmobile cutlass ciera intl.

and i need the late 60's early 70's chevelle, a late 60's camaro or firebird, a late 70's trans am preferably the smokey and the bandit edition and a 69 or 70 mustang mach 1 and a 71-73 mach, and a satellite, road runner or barracuda from the early 70's to finish all the cars i have to get before i turn 40.
its so good to see any of the old cars being saved and taken care of.
jay

Username: Tomt813

Post Number: 3
For the BIGGEST bang for your buck, check out
www.credencespeakers.com
These guys built Kickers for years. Now they are building speakers just like them, but with their name on them and selling them dirt cheap. I have seen a few of the Credence speakers on eBay every now and then. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079259782&rd=1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us