Problem with my Infinity Basslink. HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Machman

Post Number: 12
How frustrated am I... I spend about 6 hours yesterday running ground, signal, power, and RCA wire in my RAV4 to try out my Infinity Basslink (that I got off ebay). The goal was just to have this to get me by until my other sub and amp comes.

Anyway, I've got a Panasonic head unit with 4 preouts, and also 2 sub outs (and I'm not sure what the purpose of all these "outs" are). I tried hooking up all 4 preouts to the Basslink, like it suggests, and I got nothing. I tried hooking up the 2 sub outs to the Basslink and I got nothing. Since the Basslink was getting power I thought it must not be getting a signal. So, I have an old component cd player in the garage so I put a CD in it, hooked it up to my garage stereo and it is indeed putting out music. Once I hooked it up to the Basslink, I got nothing.

The Basslink also has line level inputs that I haven't tried yet, but I don't want to have to go to the hassle of splicing into 4 different pairs of speaker wire when my RCA's should do the job.

Any idea what could be up?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5381
use the sub outs, and adjust the gain on the basslink.
if you still get nothing, the sub is defective.
contact the seller and return it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5382
you did connect the remote trigger line right?
and it is getting +12 volts?

Bronze Member
Username: Machman

Post Number: 13
The remote turn on line is working properly.

I presume the remote bass control line works, although it shouldn't affect how the sub works should it?

I did have to trim off about half the thickness of the wire from my 4 ga wiring kit to allow the wire to fit into the Basslink wiring slots. Could that affect it's working? ...I used 4 ga because I'm going to up upgrading the system in a month or two.

I'll check the voltage and see what it's at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us