Can a Shiva Compare to 2 12w3v2.......

Bronze Member
Username: Ids

Post Number: 13
Ok i ' am planning on getting a sub setup in a civic 4dr 99. Was at buddys today he got a bout a 5.4 Cubit feet ported box from outside mearurements got 2 JL 12W3V2's in em and he only putting 150 into each he using a pg 300.2. wow i was very impressed with the bass that was coming through. He had the car in his garage and garage door opener machince was shaking and almost came off. THis is how loud i want my setup to go but i dont wanan listen to it this loud cuz my head hurt after getting outta his car for a cpl hours think ive done some damage to my ears today....Can i get this setup from just 1 Shiva possibly using the same amp and giving shiva max of 300RMS ? the neat thing is he removed rears and from the last time what i heard today was alot better than before i plan on removing rears my current setup is as follows

Alpine CDA-9831
Infinity Kappa Perfects 6.1
ALPINE MRV-T320 powering the fronts...
STock rears...
thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5359
no because he's got twice the Xmax and twice the surface area of a single Shiva.. now you could do it with a single sub like a triple X, brahma, or type X if you gave it plenty of power.. generally over 600 watts.

Bronze Member
Username: Ids

Post Number: 17
Ok Jonathan what can you input here............
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us