Orion H2 12.4 Competition 12" Subwoofer

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 66
does anyone know if that speaker is any good ? im probably gonna one of them but eventually i will probably get two. I was gonna get four Rockford Fosgate RFD2215 and run them to two Hifonics BX1500D amps but i decided to get rid of my van i was going to put them in so my new car will have no room for them. That Orion sub is 2000 Watts RMS and 2500 Watts Peak. is that speaker worth 300 Shipped ? i was probably going to run it to a Hifonics BX2200D amp if i did get it.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1037
i would look at a different sub, those orions are very nice but in my opinion too ineffecient of a design. i would look more into an IDMAX or RE X-x-X or brahma of some sort...

all nice subs for about the same and use about half the watts to get the same or better result

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5203
Actually the H2 is a pretty good sub.
It's another one of the 'supersubs' with a 28mm+ Xmax. Any high excursion sub is going to need considerable power to reach it's full mechanical output, but the power handling doesn't man it requires 2Kw to do so. The subs are on par with the brahma, triple X, type X, etc etc.
They're all good subs. I probably wouldn't pay any more than $300 for an H2, but that's not unreasonable for one. You'll want to feed the sub a clean 600-800wRMS at least.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1040
mmm i stand corrected

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5312
different opinions. that's all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums