What do you think? Kicker subs + Audiobhan amp

Username: Pcgamer02

Post Number: 1
Im considering buying 2 12" L5 kicker solo-baric subs with 4ohm DVC. And gettting a 1300HCT audiobhan amp to power them. What do you guys think? Will I be able to wire these to the amp for a 1ohm load? (Im new to caraudio stuff) Im looking for LOUD Hard hitting bass, not sound quality :-)

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 170
From what i've heard, the l5's will rock your world, they are great subs, not made for sq du to the square model, but they kick :P .one thing u must learn right now is that audiobahn is TOTAL CRAP. Poorly built quality, absolute energy suckers....
So u can stick with the subs but not the amp :-)
A very good affordable amp is a JBL BP-1200. You will be send 600wrms to each subs.
Try to buy them of ebay, you will save alot of money. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 50
thats basically right. audio bahn amps are not totally crap, but they tend to be really really inefficient. u might need to of those to compare to a jl or jbl amp with the same rms rating. an amp that i personally think has good sq is the visionik or the hifonics---crisp sound. they are really versatille too. jbl and jl audio were meant to be played on higher end subs

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the replies guys, im gonna order them tonight. Two 12" l5's with 4ohm DVC's can be run at a 1ohm load right?

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 85
2ohm load, the 2ohm dvc's run at 1 ohm

Post Number: 3
Are you sure? The rockford fosgate seemed to think differently. Just wanna make sure.

Anonymous

i think you were right paul..

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2

Post Number: 4
Awesome :D , Gonna order them.

Bronze Member
Username: Igotpenguinz

Mi

Post Number: 23
i have the exact same amp and I have 2 12l7 DVC 4ohm and i have it running parallel/parallel and its a 1ohm load. You're gonna need another one of those amps. mine i know i need another one. But, I just blew my amp. lol it sucks. I didn't even have it for a month. It wasn't blown because of overpowering its just i'm a dumbass and was messing around with it while it was on. It does look fat though. Blue lights and all

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
i thought u might want to kno this.... i saw a 900w rms amp picking up 3 w6 in a 90 summtin impala. picked them up clean

Post Number: 6
Well paypal is making me do some crap thats gonna take 5 days to complete before I can use it to pay again so I wasnt able to pay for the l5's. I am thinking about takign things down a notch and getting two Rockford Fosgate RFD2212 12" Punch HX2 (Dual 4 ohms) and a hifonics class d amp. What do you guys think of these. I also need to buy I new deck, stock one isnt cutting it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
i cant comment on the rockford, never heard one in action although i ve heard the old stuff is the greatest in rockford. i can comment on the hifonics. they sell quality amps that i can live by. i mostly want one on my system cuz my mtx thunder isnt cutting it anymore. for the highs that is. good luck man. one more thing... dont make the mistake i did by buying lower end then what i intended to buy and then underselling it to buy better gear later. get what u desire since the beggining even if u gotta buy it part by part. so if u really want to go for the l5's go for them.just an advise from a consumer who screwed hiself bad in the past.

Post Number: 9
The problem is I cant make up my mind, too many choices. I'm worried that the l5's might punish my car. I'm planning on getting a new alt, but now the first week I have stuff installed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us