X.XX vs. W7

Bronze Member
Username: Alex711

Post Number: 32
i hear alot of good things about each but i'm trying to decide which one to get.Money's not a thing i just wanted to know which would be better. 2 12" RE X.XX or 2 JL 13W7's???

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 55
well i think that the 2 13w7's would be louder...pushin maybe mid to upper 150's...i don't know what 2 12" X.XX's would hit i know glass has got 2 12" X.XX...he would know...but in my opinion if money's not a problem go with the 2 13w7's.

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 82
Go with the RE's. They sound a lot better and maybe even louder as well. Lets wait for Glass to comment. =)

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 49
1 rex.xx in the right box would hit 150+ powered correctly, in the right box, so 2 would b killer. And they have beutiful sq even when they are pounding away. Neevr heard the 13w7 but i heard that they bass and have realli and displace lots of air, but the re xx.x would get my vote

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
ok thanx guys maybe glass will reply to this..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5065
it's personal taste.
the W7 has a very distinctive sound so you may want to audition both if you can.. maybe at a store or an event.
I like the RE subs myself, but I'm giving them a load of power, too, as you'd need to for eather choice.
both subs like about 1Kw RMS each.

They'd both be pretty close in SPL as both have pretty similar stats.. both are about 32mm Xmax one-way, and both have similar cone surface areas.

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 82
1 12" X.XX is probably not capable to hit 150+(daily driver), if your looking more on the SPL side you could look at the SX, it tested at higher SPL than the XX.X, if moneys not an option go 13W7

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5082
actually if you want an SPL sub, go with the RE MT line.
the triple X 12" has a 3" Xmech though, and is capable of getting louder than you'll be comfortable being in a car with.

I've never had a person sit in one of my own cars and say, "is that as loud as it can go?"
Not once, in fifteen years.

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1028
lol thats pretty dern impressive g-dubya

i got a pair of 11kv.2's on the way here and a nice big a$$ ported box tuned to 29 for em and a kx600.1 benched at 790 at 2 ohm at 13.9v as well as a pair of 7" vifa PL and peerless tweets making a comp set up front with about 150w rms on each side from a ED nine.2 amp

all being installed on thursday in my 95 geo prizm :-)

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5084
ahhh sweet.
lemme know how it turns out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Glass have u ever heard 2 W7 in the right box and everything??

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5095
of course I have.
I've built systems using them.

have you heard both W7s and RE triple X subs in IASCA, USACi, etc., event cars?

Bronze Member
Username: Matt77

OK US

Post Number: 29
i go wit x.xx better sq and spl i think and cheaper

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5100
listen to both and see which you like.
it's mostly going to be subjective at that point.
both are good products

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
ok..thanx for everyone's opinions i preciate it alot all of u guys on here r really cool peeps keep up all the good work..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
what amps do u use for your RE's Glass??

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5105
I have a bridged orion 2250sx on each one
1KwRMS per sub

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 95
Bacon and Glass, I have read both of you guys' posts for at least 8 months now and have followed your advice. Funny but now from what I read from Glass Wolf's award winning car (a Ford Festiva if I am not mistaken) and from Bacon's last post (95 geo prizm )

Is it safe to assume that: "get a sub one inch or more bigger than your wheels" is good advice??????

Just kidding guys keep up the good advice I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 12
anyone do 19" subs, lol

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5106
Small hatchback cars make great SPL vehicles.
the CRX is a very popular one as well.
In my case, I just wanted to prove it could be done with a small, affordable car. That one was a demo vehicle for our chain of stores as well, along with a few others like a second gen acura integra that took second place in nationals that year, mostly due to getting rear-ended on the way to the event by some careless driver, and having the trunk of the car duct-taped shut for the competition. *laugh*

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
well i'm putting the system n a 99 Eclipse i just bought and tricking out and i like to have the best stuff around here so i just wanted to know which subs to get and if they were gonna sound good thanx to everyone that helped out..by the way Glass what amps do u think i should get to get everything out of 2 X.XX

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5137
depending on which models you get.. dual 2 or dual 4 ohm coil.. you'll want something that delivers about 1000-1500wRMS to each sub.
best bet would be dedicating an amp to each sub like I did.
easier than finding a 2Kw-3Kw amp someehere worth buying.
Then make sure the amps put out that much power at the load presented.
if ya go mono class D, and two amps, go with the dual 4 ohm version of the subs.

What sort of budget did you have in mind?
If you really want THE best for amps, look at Zapco's C2K like )Competition line) like the C2K 4.0X, 9.0X and 4KW

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
well money isn't a thing i just want to have the best out there...and i'm never had anything zapco or anything like that i've always used like the real know name brand stuff like fosgate,kicker....

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5158
well RF etc are big mass production companies.
Zapco, Sinfoni, and similar brands are small hand made sort of companies that make very high end stuff.
you don't see them a lot because most people don't drop $6,500 on an amplifier.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
yeah i c,well money's not a thing but i really don't want to get crazy with my money when there is cheap powerful amps out there

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5177
depends what you want.
if ya want the best, the zapco is it.
its a computer controlled amp that is absolutely amazing. particularly using the symbilink signal path.
ya said you wanted the best. that's why I asked about budget.
people often say, "give me the best. price is no matter."
then they see the $6500 zapco amps and the $1000 subs, and the $10,000 rainbow reference 3 way component sets and they start choking on that statement a bit.
:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
ight that's cool..i'll check that zapco amp out my grandad sold his land it was on oil and then he just passed away and gave me and my 5 cousins the money so that's y i said money's not a thing..cuz i've already paid for college and everything else with it and now i have nothing else so i was gonna trick out this eclipse and have an awesome sound system n it.preciate all the help man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us