Soundstage and imaging

Username: 70el_co

Fort walton beach, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 3
I have a 70 El Camino. I don't know anything on imaging and sounstages. I'm starting from scratch on my system since it has no reciever nor wires. My budget is about $1,000. I already have 2 10in. orion subs and a jbl 300.1bp amp for them. What would be the best type of speakers and their placement to make the it sound my music(rap, old school, and oldies) sound the best. Any suggesions?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2474
Ideal placing would be in kick panels for best soundstaging and imaging, but that depends on if you're willing to fiberglass. If not, low doors are second best. Tweeter install is your preference, I prefer close to the mid in kicks, some people like the A pillars and upper doors, etc. but it depends on which component set you get. You can figure that out when you get the components, using double sided tape and moving the tweeter around to see what gets the best results. So that $1000 is for a head unit, speakers, and amplifier for them?

Username: 70el_co

Fort walton beach, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 4
1,000 is for the highs and mids comp. set plus the amp since i already have the speaks plus amp for the lows!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2486
Ok, so no head unit. Gotcha, we can work with that easily. Totally dependant on what you want in a component system, but you can get some good stuff with 1000 bucks. Invest in a good 2 way front component set and amplifier to power them. Here is a list of components to listen to:
DynAudio 6.5" separates
MB Quart 6.5" separates
JL Audio XR series 6.5"
Diamond Audio HEX Series
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1
Focal Utopia 6.5" separates
CDT HD 6.5" components

Most of them will be around $600 online(some a good bit less than that), so that leaves you $400 for the amp, wiring, etc. Most of those components are in the 100W-150W RMS range, so I'd recommend amps such as these:
Kicker KX400.2
JL Audio 300/2
Eclipse PA4212
Zapco Reference 350.2
It all depends on which you like better and also what you are willing to spend. All are solid amps and components, online you can find any of this to fit within your budget. For wiring, I recommend going to www.knukonceptz.com for wiring kits, very cheap and extremely high quality wiring. I strongly recommend you listen to as many of these components and amps as you possibly can to see which you like best, I'm only recommending equipment that I find to be exceptional in sound quality and reliability, if you have questions about other components you are considering then let me know and I'll be glad to give my opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us