Audiobahn Subs

Username: Audio_paul

Watkins, MN United States

Post Number: 4
2 Audiobahn AW1208T 12" 3000W RMS Flame Subs for $335

Is it worth the money or would you rec. a diffrent pair for that under $500

Username: Whitebread

Post Number: 3
I've heard bad things about audiobahn stuff, I'd recomend Image Dynamics, CDT, Resonant engineering, Adire or Stryke.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Try finding A good amp Under $500 to power them instead.
Becouse Audiobahn NEEDS power, heres my story, My friend is in the school parking lot at like 7AM, no ones there and hes pounding 1 10" AudioBahn in a sealed incloure sub was taking probly less than 200w RMS and he was pointing out watch my voltage everytime it "Bumped" his Voltage went down 7/10 the way down, So if you use AudioBahn be sure to always have your car runing, could kill your battery FAST. My personal Expirance

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 29
No sh!t, that goes with any system... :-)

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Not with mine I can pump out more than 300 for like 1/2hr before my voltage light goes off :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 32
Well im saying in particular if you are using lots of power and straight off the battery its going to die (not just an audiobahn thing)... If I turn my car off my battery retains 13.x volts but I cant run the system (total of 970W RMS/3,000 peak) cause it will drain like crazy ive gone through one battery already when I tried that, couldn't even trickle charge the thing. 200 RMS isn't to much really and for the voltage to drop so low that's pretty bad... Sounds more like a bad battery or charging lol Just plain sucks when you turn your key and... tick tick tick tick tick :-(

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I mean AudioBahn Amps use Huge amounts of battery power. As for his battery, no idea its his truck not mine.

Why I bring up AudioBahn amps is if anything he wants to use those Audibahn Subs, and if there the same series will most likly have same ratings to be togather...

Why I talk about keeping your car on Idel is some teenagers want to show off. and theres nothing funnier than your battery dead and wont recharge :-)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4785
avoid audiobahn. besides you can buy a flame-Q 12" on ebay brand new for $40.
audiobahn subs aren't very good. they can get loud, but the sound quality is awful, and they're very inefficient.
It's all chromed out glam, and no real guts to the speakers. poorly designed, cheaply made.

for $240 I could buy a pair of brand new Adire Shiva 12" subs from adireaudio.com and blow those flame Q subs clear out of the water.. then use the remaining $250 to buy a JBL bp1200.1 amplifier to drive the subs although even a bp600.1 could do the job nicely with money left over for an amp wiring kit and a box from a place like bigdogcaraudio.com
cardomain.com has the 1200.1 on sale for $200

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 27
i heard everyone talk s1t aout audiobahn. i coulnd believe my ears the other day though. a guy with 3 w6 was running on an 800 rms audiobahn. the ground was shaking. ive also heard my onw audiobahn 1206 that i got for 110 a piece on a ported box, banpass, sealed, and they sucked. then i flipped the subs and inverted the polarity, that thing bumped the crap outta w7 that cost the guy more than twice the amount that it cost me the two audiobahns, we tried it on the same system too. also i found out that flipping the sub and inverting polarity added pretty decent sq to my bass. i tried it with an spl tester and it never lost the sq. and about the battery drainess, just buy an optima yellowtop battery. it will never go out on u.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5012
umm, a sub works bidirectionally.
it's a sinewave signal.. alternating current voltage carrying the signal to the speaker.
inverted or not, it does exactly the same thing.
the only difference it really makes is changing the net volume of the enclosure by subtracting teh driver displacement.

now reversing polarity, you could have simply done from the amplifier. Phase shift should be set properly when you first tune the system.

sub, amp, vehicle, enclosure, and many other factors play into how a system will sound, but build quality remains the same.. and audiobahn builds very poor quality products.
they get plenty loud.. they just don't sound that gread doing it.

Any time you'd like to compare your stuff to another system though, feel free to drop by.
put up your 1206 subs and amps.
I'll use the system in my dodge, which uses a pair of sealed 12" subs.
It's a SQ system, and not aimed at SPL, so you have a very good chance of winning, I'm sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Anniston, Alabama US

Post Number: 48
lol Thats funny Glass.I sean your Dodge on ur website. That system will blow away just about anything.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5025
shhh :-)

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 169
hey glass, 40 dollar flame q's suck, aw1208t subs are a far more reliable and better sounding sub than a flame q. i dont think you've ever heard a top of the line audiobahn, if you had, i'm 100% certain you would have a different opinion of these woofers. if your using the flame q series woofer to make a judgment of audiobahn's quality, then that would be like using a neon to gage the quality of dodge:-)

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 947
zac i had the audiobahn immortal quad 2 ohm voice coil I didnt think it had good sq and the spl can be good but why compromise for less when you can get a much better subwoofer for the money

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
well, i guess i just disagree, i think the audiobahn alum q woofers have pretty good sq and spl. and also most people are just judging audiobahn by the equipment they made years ago and the current cheap models. they do have some good subs these days, they arent top of line but arent anywhere near as bad as y'all say

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5043
I've seen pretty much everything audiobahn makes both at events, and in my bays.
I've had them apart on the bench, and I have yet to see anything they've ever produced really impress me much.

Audiobahn, MA Audio, Power Acoustik and all the rest of the low end companies put too much into chrome, and pretty looks, and not enough into R&D and quality parts.

If you like them and you're happy with them, more power to ya.
I just refuse to recommend anything I wouldn't use myself. I've been in this business far too long to make that mistake. I've seen a lot of people lose their reputation and all respect by selling out and selling crap.. and hoping nobody knows the difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
again, there are far worse products than audiobahn, if audiobahn hasnt impressed you then you havent used
their flag ship products, they are far better than everyone gives them credit for. it just so happens that the majority of the audiobahn gear used and sold by everyone is their medium to lower grade equip. again, they arent the greatest..by far.
glass, what was the best woofer you offered at your shop, i'm not being sarcastic at all, i respect your opinion and i'm sure you do mine, i'm just curious which models your basing your final judgment of the gear on :-)

speakerboxx
Unregistered guest
audiobhan subs look very,very nice and i've heard the 12" immortal subs before.they put out a good spl and they sound decent,but they're just not the best.not to say that they are not any good,i think the immortal sub is really cool,there are just better sounding subs out there

;Rockford Fosgate T112d,JL 13w7,MTX 9500sledgehammers,Orion H2's,Pioneer Primiere 5000spl,Pheonix Gold 12d elite,JBL 12d GTI

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 56
'bahn subs take a lot of power to get good spl though...if your puttin 2000 watts per sub for the immortal set up you were talkin bout...that would be 4000rms...i think that the immmortal's have an 18mm xmax, i have a 15" brahma with an xmax of 29mm one way...it only needs 600-800 watts rms to match your 2 immortals that require 4000 watts rms...audiobahn is just a waste of money, and power...

Username: Joshb

Gainesville, GA USA

Post Number: 6
what is xmax???

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5064
Xmax. X to peak excursion.
how far the cone can travel from rest to peak in one direction.
Xmech is linear excursion, or peak to peak.

My shop carried JBL, Orion, Alpine, Pioner Premier, JVC Digifine, Boston Acoustics (through the Pro lines), PPI, Treo, Eclipse, Coustic (amps, power logic line), and Kicker.
Maybe a couple other brands, but those come to mind.
I've dealt with a number of others on a professional level as well including Zapco, Brax, Harrison Labs, JL, RE, ID, DD, McIntosh Labs, Arc, Audiocontrol, Audax, DynAudio, Focal, Kove, MMATS, Sinfoni, and Oz.

I've dealt with the products of other companies ranging from pyramid and legacy to rainbow and US Amps, and RF.. but most of those were stuff brought in by customers from other vendors, etc.

you're welcome to believe whatever ya like based on your experiences, like I base mine on my own experiences and research, but I really don't feel like turning this into another 300-post "audiobahn rocks and you suck!" thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
hey glass, you forgot savard bro!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5081
nope, didn't forget them. just didn't handle them.

he made some pretty decent subs back in the 90s.
been a while though.

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 48
IVE HEARD REALLY HIGHLY OF THE EXPENSIVE AZZ PPI AMPS. HOW GOOD DO U REALLY THINK THEY ARE GLASS. sorry bout the caps, i use em a lot for other apps

Username: Opie_har

Post Number: 2
I know I'm new here on the forum, but after reading all this stuff about you guys dissing audiobahn, I just had to step in. I bought an audiobahn aw1208t sub and hooked it up in a slot ported box with an audiobahn aw2200hct amp, and an audiobahn acap7p 1 farad capacitor. I'm telling you, it hits really, really, hard. The capacitor must work, because neither the interior lights nor the headlights dim when the thing is pounding. I think that it sounds really good. I know audiobahn isn't the best money can buy, but, for around $700, I believe I have a really nice sounding system.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5176
jon if you're happy, that's what matters.

as for PPI, their old pre-directed buyout Art series amps are fantastic.
everything else is pretty much *yawn*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us