Your Input...

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Ok I know this isnt the right thread to put this BUT its just for my Subs anyway...

What HU would you recommend to have "More Control" over the bass that goes to my subs, and a supior bass boost(Clean and Tight).

Please reply if you have any sugesstions.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4658
any head unit using 4 volt pre-outs.
then add a pre-amp such as the Orion 300PSW, or similar models from Zapco, Kicker, or Audiocontrol that offer a good clean line driver, and a bass control with variable center so you can set it to about 30-40Hz with up to 9-15dB of boost.
variable Q is nice too, if you can get it.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I was plaining on a pre-amp from Audio Control. but Im just asking about HU's unless its not that important...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4661
well I'm talking about an in-dash style pre-amp/EQ.
that's what'll clean up the head unit signal and give clean tight bass adjustments.
it'll make all the difference in the world.
If you want the best ehad unit for CD, look at the alpine CDA-7990 with the K-grade burr-brown 24-bit DAC signal paths.
Otherwise, any good head unit should do the job.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Ill be sure to spend $3000 on that when me shyt turns purple :D
I was just thinking of keeping a Stock HU and use an iPod(i hate them but,its small) and keep it in there, so Im so use to Mp3 players, I HATE when CD's skip...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4667
Alpine's got a new adapter module for iPods to work through their current line of head units.
worth a look.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
ty, great help always ^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us