Cerwin-Vega or Crystal Components

Bronze Member
Username: Lamf77

Post Number: 14
My current front coaxials are not cutting it and I need to take the component plunge. I'm looking into 6 1/2" components on a budget of about $100 give or take. My current speakers have a titanium tweeter and several posters have said a good silk tweeter is the way to go. The two sets I was looking into are CERWIN-VEGA V-MAG6502 ($100) & Crystal Cpe 60s ($120). My amp puts out about 65 watts rms.
I listen to a lot of hard rock, metal, and blues.
I do not really have an opportunity to listen due to work schedule. Any other suggestions or links to a great deal on eBay or the like would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: An_eagalach

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 23
You should check out the CDT Audio CL-61A comps, 6.5" mid + 3/4" silk tweeter. Retail $300, on sale for $150 at thezeb.com, go to their 6.5" Components page at
http://www.thezeb.com/c-6-1-2-inch-Component-Systems-247.htm then click the CL61A. The CL-61T is the titanium tweeter (I believe), if you prefer metal over silk, on sale at the same site for the same price. Worth a look. Personally, Cerwin Vegas don't do it for me, but Crystals are not bad all. IMO CDT has the edge, but then they cost $30 more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us