Eclipse Titanium Pro, glass?

Anonymous

I'm looking for a single 15" to do the lows for my system. I've heard the Regular Titaniums and loved them, I'm wondering about the 15" Titanium Pro though, I heard it's more SPL inclined, and haven't heard a lot about the SQ, is it a lot worse than the regular titanium, or just marginally different? I know a lot of people are going to put them in big SPL boxes, and that may be a lot of why they say SQ isn't the best, but I'm wondering about them in more of a SQ sealed application or low tune ported. Thanks in advance

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4592
very good subs, with more excursion than the Ti line as I recall.
SQ should be about the same as the basic driver design isn't altered that much.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2303
Very high power handling too, lol. 3000W RMS, and they say that's a conservative rating. From what I remember, the main difference is in the motor, being much stronger than that of the Ti Line. Materials used and design has been a little closer tolerances. Claim a 3.5" peak to peak linear x-max, and list a maximum 4" of travel. The enclosure has a lot to do with it, and naturally, like you said, with a sub that strong people are going to tend to put it in a more SPL inclined enclosure. I think it would be an excellent sub IF you can give it enough power, remember it's a dual 1 ohm sub, so 2 ohms and .5 ohms are your options, or one amp used on each voice coil

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4596
hmm. half an ohm.
that'd be fun with a pair of those with two 2100HCCA amps.

hehe
still, only 800 watts a piece, but it'd be clean

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2304
I've heard people say while the website lists dual 1 ohm, but they're actually quad 1 ohm. I'm not sure, I haven't used a Pro, I only used the Tis, I know they were dual 4. Only way I could see the Ti Pro as being a "bad" SQ driver is the fact that it has a ton of BL, and high inductance from the 4" voice coil. Overmotored possibly for musical applications.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us