Need help with frequency thanks

taylor
Unregistered guest
when a sub says they are frequency is 30 hz 200 hz what does that meen and what frequency levels are good

helper
Unregistered guest
like i sed in your other post ask john he shood be able to anser your question

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4497
http://www.bcae1.com/frequncy.htm

for a sub, you want something that goes down to at least 20Hz. the high end won't matter since it should be crossed over at about 80Hz or so anyway.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 863
this is the range of frequencies the subwoofer is suppossed to be able to play but many things attribute to the quality of the sound coming from the subwoofer and most people design the enclosures in the mid 30's hz allowing no more than a 80hz frequency range to pass through with a sub like this assuming it is a decent quality speaker

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 865
how bout that glasswolf appears we posted at the same time hehe

taylor
Unregistered guest
so i shoodn't get a sub with 30 hz thanks for your help

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4501
heh yeah, seen that happen a time or two. it's always fun.

the trick to frequency response is to watch the foll-off.
a lot of times a speaker may say it's good from 200-30Hz, but when you see the response graph, at 30Hz, it may be down in the grass around -36dB, which essentially means the speaker barely moves, and you won't really be able to hear anything that low.. you need to see the response curve where it's relatively flat then ignore anything below about a -6dB for response.

taylor
Unregistered guest
you are going to technocial on me i am only 17 years old. the subs i am talking a bout are the rockford fosgate p2110

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4505
simply put, your frequency response for a speaker tells you how high and how low a frequency the speaker can produce.

in the case of your subs, the high end won't matter, so 200Hz doesn't mean much, but 309Hz is how deep they'll play.
human hearing goes down to about 20Hz.
ideally you want subs that go down that low, too.
if this sub you mention is only 30Hz for the low end of it's response, I'd guess it's a 10" or smaller sub.
if so, then it should be alright, though you won't get really deep bass from a 10" sub unless you spend a lot of money to go with a high excursion model like RE's triple X, or a JL 10W7 etc.

taylor
Unregistered guest
ya lol your right the sub is a 10 thanks i think you ansered my question
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us