Mediocre sq?

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 72
im about to put in 4,4.5in pioneer speakers hooked up to my panasonic deck 50x4,and hook up 2 pioneer 6.5's and pioneer 2 6x9's off a 200 watt amp in fiberglass enclosures. Will these speakers be able to pick up the midbass,treble and coaxials very well and make them loud and sound good???(I have loud bass and like to still hear the words without jepordizing the bass)i will place these speakers where they project loudly both inside and outside the suv

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2218
They'll get loud, but for really loud you'll need an amp on all of them. As far as sound good, it depends on how you define sound good. If you prefer tonal balance, soundstaging, pinpoint imaging, and music accuracy, you can do a lot better. If you just want the speakers to blare out midbass, midrange, and treble from the speaker locations, they'll accomplish that. You just plain out have TOO MANY speakers for a great SQ install. Less is more in a SQ installation. Loud is the adjective that will describe that system best. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying there are better options from a purist sound quality standpoint.

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 73
yea what i want is LOUD but not distorted, and it sound like thats what ill get

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2223
As long as you don't push the head unit into clipping, which is easy to do with that little amount of power. Consider running other amps, or running the 6.5s on the 6x9 amp as well, running a 2 ohm load on each channel if it's stable to 2 ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us