Kicker Solo Baric L7 subs..

IamChris
Unregistered guest
are these subs any good? im coming into a bit of money soon, and wanted to get 1 of these and a good amp..i want the 12" one, any suggestions?

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
They are pretty damn sweet they lack on sq but good spl

IamChris
Unregistered guest
thats what i want, i want a really good SPL...i heard 1 is more than enough for most people...also...i wannt use my spare tire well so i can mount the sub flush with the floor...any ideas on that?

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
dont kno if that would be any good to do that

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2213
You can do the flush mount in the trunk if you know how to fiberglass, it looks really trick if done properly. I do however, recommend the top of that be MDF since it'll be a flat panel (fiberglass isn't that strong when it isn't curved) The L7s are pretty good for SPL, but IMO for better SQ and SPL, other subs such as the Resonant Engineering X.X.X. is a better investment. Square subs suffer from a lot of design issues because of uneven stress points on the subwoofer.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
i want a different install than the normal box sitting in the trunk install....i was thinkin about getting a fiberglass enclosure, or possibly doing something with the back seat...like...cutting out a spot, and mounting the box like, the front of the sub is flat with the back seat...ya know what i mean?

IamChris
Unregistered guest
where can i get the resonant engineering X.X.X subs? and how much do they cost...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2217
You have to email their sales dept at www.reaudio.com, it'll have a link for sales on there. Weigh out your options, as there are many out there that are just as good. As far as price, it depends on size, here's a list:
X.X.X 10- $395
X.X.X 12- $405
X.X.X 15- $435
X.X.X 18- $475

IamChris
Unregistered guest
so they dont sell them in any stores? and 405 isnt bad...will 1 12 be more than enough for me? and how much will an amp cost to drive 1 of those?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2219
Stores carry them, but not specific chain stores or anything to my knowledge. If you email sales they can tell you the closest dealer that has their products. 1 12 is more than enough, and they're louder than the equivalent size L7. As far as amp, it depends on your budget, a JBL 1200.1 can push them well and is around $300 or less. Depends on the enclosure you use as well, if you want loud I'd recommend ported.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
alright, that sounds good...what about 2 of them..haha...how much would an amp to push that cost? if i can get 2, the more the better i guess, and my budget is gonna be around 2200

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2221
2200 just for subs and an amp? Plenty of options. Two of them would be even better for SPl, BUT remember that with any amount of power that high, you'll need to consider a high output alternator to power the system. Two 12" X.X.X.'s would be 800, say 850 after shipping, add another 150 for the box to be conservative (or fiberglass materials and MDF, etc.). An Eclipse DA7232 is a great amp that puts out 1000W RMS x 2 at 2 ohms, $1199 on www.woofersetc.com Remember with that amp, you HAVE to get the voice coil upgrade on RE's subs, you'll need to get a dual 1 ohm version(normally dual 2 ohm). Doesn't cost any more if I remember correctly.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
how much would the alternator run? and i already have a box for them

IamChris
Unregistered guest
and i mean, i would like to end up with a little bit left over, so i mean...1 of those should be enough to be felt in my car and around the neighborhood right?..because right now i have 2 kenwood POS subs, and a crappy RF amp, and i want something that is signifigantly better than those...whats the RMS on the X.X.X. sub

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2224
1600, but that's the thermal rating. It typically doesn't need over 1000 to reach full excursion, depending on the box. One is plenty, if you want even more then consider a ported box. If you do one sub, then any amp putting out around 1000W RMS is good, such as the JBL 1200.1. You'd still have plenty left over for other upgrades. Alternator cost depends on vehicle, www.mralternator.com has a lot of them and typically they're between $200 and $300, some are less than 200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us