What subs to get?

Username: Felixtheshiker

Arkansas City, KS United States

Post Number: 1
I need help finding some subs that are around $275 a piece, i want it to hit hard and sound good, not like the best...just wondering what would be the best choice for the money. I would also like to know what does Sq. and Hz have to do with a sub hitting hard, and what do the watts have to do with how hard the sub hits, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 164
get one of jonathans favs the eclipse aluminum they are cheap look cool and have good sq

what kind of car and what size sub and amp?

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 167
Hz is hertz which is a measure of frequency, basically meaning cycles per second. The human ear cant hear below 20 Hz, nor can it hear above 20 kHz. SQ has nothing to do with how hard a sub hits either, "Sound Quality" is a general term that basically referrs to the materials that make the sub as well as the general makeup of the sub that in effect lead to smooth sounding bass. Be careful with wattage, the best measure (although not always 100% accurate) of how much a sub can take is its RMS (Root Means Square) wattage. None of these three elements have a direct correlation to how hard a sub hits, but you can loosly associate the RMS wattage of a sub to how hard it will hit, even though there are plenty of companies who boast high RMS ratings and the subs do not hit that hard (can you say audiobahn, power acoustik?). The best measure of how hard your sub is going to "hit" IMO is the linear excursion and the db (decibles).

Post Number: 2
Alright, thanks, i dont' have a car yet but i'm either gettin a truck with no extended cab, or i'm getting a hatchback...and i just want the best speakers for my money like i said, it doesn't matter what size they are. And i'm still not sure on the sub, i can't determine my amp....BUT subs i were looking at were SPL W15's or TS-W2000 SPL's made by pioneer. thank you very much both.

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
Get the hatchback, better SPL and obviously more trunk room. Dont get Pioneer subs. If you have 275 bucks get either an eclipse titanium like he was saying or an RE SE.

Post Number: 3
alright, thanks, but what brand are the 2 speakers? thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
eclipse and RE...

Post Number: 4
lol...o alright thanks

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 429
Actually I would definitely wait til you get your vehicle before purchasing any subs. There's a lot more room in a hatchback for boxes than in a reg cab p/u. Bigger boxes generaly means bigger subwoofers.

-Fishy

Post Number: 5
o, well i was plannin on tryin to get some bigger subs n e way...but i can still see what your talkin about

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
the pioneer is the premier sub and the tsw2000 spl is excellent imo, eclipse and re r good too im sure from all that i hear about them

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 207
definitely wait on purchasing your subs until you decide on what vehicle you'll be putting them in. reg. cab trucks do not have that much room to put a box, which means less depth allowed for your subs. the hatchback would be able to hold almost anything you want, but you would have to take measurements in the truck to see your max depth, height and length for the box/sub. unless you are thinking about competeing (and with 275$ a sub i dont see you wanting to do that) i wouldnt base my car choice on what kind of system can fit in it. there are some subs out there that hit hard and sound awesome doing it with shallow mounting depths. good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us