Alpine subs

Doug
Unregistered guest
I have 2 Alpine SWS-1242D subs. Even though they are the same RMS watts as the type R's my subs just don't seem to be hitting as hard as i've heard people say the type R's hit. Are the type R's really that much better than the type S's or do I just not have my S's setup for optimum performance? Would it be worth it to get a pair of type R's and get rid of my type S's?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 229
I think it might be. I know the Type-R's are a higher model than the type S. If I'm not mistaken, the only other model better than Type-R is the Type-X. What are you running your subs on though, and what kind of box are they in. Those two things can make a very very big difference in sound.

doug
Unregistered guest
I've got a JBL 600.1 amp and i've got them in 2 separate sealed boxes

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 238
Well, they should sound good with teh JLB running them. Are the sealed boxes the recommended size? By the way, how do you have the subs wired? That would also make a difference.

Username: Cleveland

Post Number: 1
hay i have one 15inch r type and one mrd-m501 digital amp 581wrms birth certificate max 990 wat.cranked the crap out of it fore aprox 8 min fore spl test with seald box.and the sub melted dead.ported the box to 55htz the cars best frequency and the new sub is going strong.but sounds like crap 138DB good fore a large car.i think seald is far better for sq.

Username: Cleveland

Post Number: 2
my best install waz a van with 4 tweetz 4 mid 6 six by ninez 5 subz and 6 larg amps.

been through 15 dif subz in my time all difrent brands.alpine is the best sq i ever herd dont diss themz.dont by fusion crap?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 246
Let me get this straight. You take place in spl competitions, and along with your subs you are running 4 tweeters, 4 mid-range's, and (six) 6x9's? Can I ask why?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us