Need Help with plans for a new system

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Post Number: 34
Ok my System just doesnt cut it i went cheap and came out with a pice of sh1t system.Can some one help me find out what will sound the best in my car. I have a 1992 Chevey Lumina.I was thing about R.E. X.XX subs but what amp should i get to power it or them. Should i go with 1 or two subs i will make a ported box using the specs for the RE web site.The sub or subs will be in my back seat so space isnt realy a problem for me.and the amp doesnt need to be over 1200watts rms. Thanks for any help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
can any1 help me?????????

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 18
I have no idea. I too am looking into getting a system. I think it would help if you listed what possible parts you would be getting and what your budget is.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 202
some won't recommend this but for an amp you could look at the MA Audio hk 897 or the hk1397 either should work
the mtx 81000d should also push em.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 147
mtx over ma imo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I am looking to spend about 1000 dollers.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2080
Being a dual 2 ohm sub, I'd go with a single X.X.X. and a JBL or Kicker 1200.1 w/ your budget. Ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 215
I really wouldn't recommend the MA, not the best quality. For amps, you should probably go with MTX or maybe JBL. Both are very good, and cheap compared to other brands. If you got 2 subs, and an amp to push them both, you would be over budget too. So if I was you, stick to one x.x.x., you really don't even need 2. Your also more than likely gonna have to buy a high-output alternator, even running one x.x.x..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
yes i have already goten the High output alternator and a optima yellow top. I am thing about a cap to help when the sub hits to keep the power spikes more level. and should I get 10 12 15 or 18" sub i have alot of room and ill it eather get the JBL or kicker amp like Joathan sujested.

Bronze Member

Anniston, Alabama US

Post Number: 40
Should I get the RE X.XX 10",12",15",or the 18" sub.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2126
Depends on your preference. I'd stick with either the 12" or 15", they give a good balance of SQ and SPL. 15" if you're more SPL inclined, 12" if you want it to blend better with the front components.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us