Help w/ box!!

Bronze Member
Username: Rainy

Post Number: 22
K so I figured I would get my systems installed and everything through a car audio shop so that I know for sure its going to sound good. They estimated building a ported box for around 250$ and labor around $130. On the other hand I could figure out installing and all that and build my own box at the risk of making my system soudn like crap. Is it worth it?
btw if i build my on box it would more than likley be sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 800
building your own subwoofer box is easy especially sealed but if you want to do ported or any other types of boxes myself or others here im sure would be happy to help you....plus building your own box saves you money and you can invest it on better subwoofers etc.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 642
Yeah, car audio shops are so-so when it comes to installing, just cause you take it to a shop doesnt mean its gonna be ok. I have seen some pretty bad installs.By doing it yourself you will find you will learn a lot more about your car and it will be easyer to fix a problem when you know where you put all the wires. A home made box, when made properly will sound better than a store bought box. Plus the savings are almost 50%. I suggest it. Dont worry we will help you out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us