Rockford P3 12" or Alpine Type-R 12"

Bronze Member
Username: Almost2asian

Post Number: 14
Can anyone tell me which sub is better for the money? What are the good and bad aspects of each sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Also, how does the MTX Thunder 7500 compare?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Could someone please help? These are the 3 subs I'm looking at.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 112
the rockford p3 isn't that bad, nor that good. They have good spl but not to good sq. if u wan't a rockford sub, the best bet is to go with the He2 RFP4115 it's 500 watts rms.
The alpine are good sq subs, but bad spl.
Your better of with the two subs above then the mtx one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Are there any other comparable subs that are 200-250 dollars... (not ebay price) the type-r's are 205 for 2 12's on ebay, and the punch's are 275 for 2 12's.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 114
what exactly are u looking for?? More spl and less sq, the contrary??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I'm looking for a good even amount of each. I want good bass reproduction, but I want it to be loud too. I'm probably getting a Rockford P5002 or T5002 to power whatever i get. They are both around 200 dollars on ebay, brand new. I have about 500 dollars to spend overall.

Packy
Unregistered guest
I got two type r's in the back of my caprice and they pound like hell w/ 1500w rocford punch amp

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 20
I have two Type R 12s in the back of my camry and they make my vision blurry but sound awesome, they do SLAM!. They keep with with my music genre (metal) like nothing. Im pushing 360 x 2 RMS/1500 peak.

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 21
keep up* haha studder

Ryanjorunner
Unregistered guest
I got 1 type R in a .9 cubic ft. seald box running 300watts rms to it and it sounds awsome getts loud and excellent SQ too. I'M very happy. I found it at online carstereo for $115 shipped but they didnt have a deal on 2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us