Ported box position..

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 190
I have a sub in a slot ported box in my trunk, and it does pound, the only problem is my brake lights rattle really bad. I know it is probably yhe best to bounce the sound waves off of the back of the trunk, but the mass amount of air moving rattles the lights, I was wondering if there would be a diff. if I turned the box around and shot the sub at my back seat? I'm sure it might cut down on the rattling, but would it also decrease my spl?

Anonymous

try it and see.

typically cars do a little better (spl) w/ subs firing toward the back bumper, but sometimes this firing sub in different directions will have a big effect on the sound you get. sometimes not. it all depends on the car.

oh...if you fire the sub into the back seat, make sure the port it at least 3" away from any obstruction!

Bronze Member
Username: Saosin

Post Number: 35
just depends on the the car, and if your back seats can pull down, if they pull down fire them inwards, but if the are up, u can try pushing the box all the way to the back of the trunk, i did it in my corolla and i found out i lost a coupld db, plus the rear panel in the the back rattled worse than the trunk, rather have my trunk rattle, cuz my front stages cancels out the ratteling

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 125
I have a 99 tourus and i switched mine around so they fired back toward the bumper cna it sounded cleaner, and louder, and lower so im keeping it that way. Just my opinion

Bronze Member
Username: Saosin

Post Number: 37
yeah i noticed when i faced it up front some notes it would sound nice but then other notes sounds like poo poo

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 191
Yeah, I figured. Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us