Amp Protection Light Is Red

Username: Izzy_domain

Oakville, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I have Virtual Reality Sound Labs 5-Channel Car Amp VRA4.1, it is wired directly to my battery, and is ground near the front of my car on a bolt next to my fuse box. i have my 2 12" subs wired correctly to my my amp. Also i have my remote cable and RCA cables connected to my factory deck as i had futureshop wire it for me. My problem is that for a week or so my subs were working, then a day or two ago my protection light turned red and i can not get my subs going. I've checked everything i can and everything seems to be wired properly and its still a red light. can anyone think of anything to fix this problem. Please HELP!

thanks,
Jake

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 171
first thing where is the amp located?

kklagge
Unregistered guest
I'm guessing that if the amp is mounted under your drivers seat than your ground wire is too long. Try grounding it less than 18" from your amp and see if that does the trick. Might want to check your fuse on the amp too if your protection light is still on.

kklagge
Unregistered guest
I meant if your amp ISN'T under your drivers seat (too early for typing)

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 172
check the inline fuse that should be approx. 18 from the battery to make sure it isn't blown. pick a different location for your ground. Even if your amp is under your front seat that ground wire is way to long. It should be no more than 2 ft long. What size wires are you running? the bolt for the seatbelts is a perfect grounding point. Make sure connections on the subs are good. If a sub wire becomes loose or is completly disconnected your amp will go into protect. If all this fails, take it back to that shop that istalled it to begin with and make them redo it, they have messed up, just with the ground wire. It hard telling what else they have done wrong.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us