What system would you get?

Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 8
im lookin to buy a system soon but im not to sure what i want to get. so far im thinking between 9 different systems(if not more that i forgot):-\. let me know what you would pick or what your doing for your system. thx.

1) all rockford fosgate- (3) 12" power stage 2's (t2's) with 3 1001bd amps...(not the new t10001bd's)

2)all orion- (3) 12" H2's with 3 of their new 1200D amps.

3)all kicker- (4) L7's (new model) with 4 of the new kx1200.1 amps

4)all JL audio- (2) 12w7's or 13w7's with 2 1000/1 amps

5)(4) new L7's with (2) USA2000 amps... thats a 2 channel amp with 1000 watts rms per chanell(i heard these were the best amps in the world...plus zapco)

6)(2) jl audio 13w7's with the USA-2000

7)(4) rockford power stage 2's with (2) of the USA-2000 amps...

8)(3) resonant engineering x.x.x subs with... what do you think would power them the best.. they are 1600w rms and 2500 max

9) whatever your thoughts are i will take into consideration ... thanks for your feedback guys... feel free to tell me what you have and how it sounds.

Sweet
Unregistered guest
i heard Kicker speakers Suck but??.....I am thinking about getting Rockford P2's 200watt rms....but i might save and just get a alpine type X(just 1)

Anonymous

dude i would go with the triple x...if your tight on money maybe hifonics 1500d amp if your not so tight on money there are better choices but drawing a blank...but that would be insanely loud...also if you dont have alot of rooom dont get the triple x because these love their space

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 9
Kickers L7s are far from sucking ... ive heard them and they sound extremely good... but yes they are not the loudest or most durable. but i;ll tell u what.. the L7 wud kill the P2 ;-)
but i kno they do cost more. goodluck with ur system

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 10
thx anon. i jus wish i knew somebody with them so i could hear them... im looking at an avalanche or denali right now so id have quite a bit of room... and a 3rd choice was a 300C which does have a big trunk but id probably get only 2 then.

if you want to see those subs using a ton of room check this out....
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/¤¤¤20truck/6.wmv

( in the adress... put and x where you see a ¤ ... so you will put 3 x's there... this site wont let me type 3 x's in a row)

Anonymous

go w/ x.x.x.'s and JL 1000/1 amps.

Anonymous

dont use 1000/1 that would be underpowering them...x x x can take 2000 easily daily

Anonymous

if its for everyday use....then yes, use 1000/1's

Anonymous

if its for everyday use....then yes, use 1000/1's

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 15
what about if i will be using them everyday but its not like im trying to pump them as loud as they will go everyday... and if the JL amps would underpower them then what amp would you recomend?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 622
I would go with your JL choices. I love Rockford, but they make better stuff then P1's and 2's. I would get the T series or even P3's. But again i would stick with HE's or HE2's for Rockford. And RF amps are great, no matter the model.

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 16
yeah if i went rockford it would definetly be the T2 series... honestly the t1's arent good enuf for me ;-)

Sweet
Unregistered guest
yea i am only getting the P2 because my brother has alpine type R's and when he turns it up it fu¢king hurts my ears and thats 300watt rms and 1000 peak.......i think 400watt peak and 200 watt rms is plenty for me...plus my brother works at best buy and i get the speakers for cheap "cost plus 5%" there normally 130 i get em for $60 each :-) its just the amp is like 3 times that lol

also best buy is going to be carring Alpine stuff soon so i might wait and just get 1 type X....gulp

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 17
good idea. buy what makes you happy...say you wanna see if bestbuy carries a pioneer AVIC-N1 n order it for me ;-)

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 58
go with your orion setup or the x.x.x, h2's pound, id do that, but if you can afford 3 12" x.x.x running off there own jl 1000/1 then definantly do that, u dont need 2000 watts in a ported box unless ur trying to kill your sub, i loved my sisters old RF punch amps, they were awesome, havent heard to many of the new ones, my friend said he heard one and there pretty good

Bronze Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 18
hey slap. i was wondering how you have those 3 subs in ur truck running off that one 2500D amp. could i run 3 x.x.x 12's off a us amps de-3000 which has 3000watts rms and 6000 watts max?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us