Could subs make the cd player skip

calvwbus66
Unregistered guest
i have a 66 vw buss and i have 2 10 and a 800 watt kenwood amp runing them and want to know why they are skiping i dont think it is vibrations i have a jvc head unit that is less then a year old could it be the power to the amp is causing it

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 96
yes it's possible, but also try a cd player cleaning disc, you can pick one up at most retail stores, even walmart

Bronze Member
Username: Munkyjojo

Winamac, Indiana

Post Number: 49
hey that rocks. i own a 69 vw bus that im fixing up. anyway though, my HU had some dust on it from driving on back roads with my windows down, and it first started to not eject my cd's properly, then it started skipping real bad. i took the HU apart and cleaned everything and now it works fine.

calvwbus66
Unregistered guest
do you think it could be that the votts are not runing evenly and i could need a capasitator

Bronze Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 68
lol
no, believe me, try cleaning the HU first, then start talking about capacitator...

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 116
capsitator...rofl these posts make me laugh MUAHAHHAHAHA!...capisitor...or something like that

Username: Noblemobile

Van Nuys, CA USA

Post Number: 9
But the more important question is "Why do you need the capisitor"?

calvwbus66
Unregistered guest
with older cars the volts that do not stay consistent like on a vw it can range form 12-14 is that a problem for the amp

calvwbus66
Unregistered guest
how would i go about cleaning the hu

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 102
cd cleaner disc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us