How should i wire my car subs up at home??

Bronze Member
Username: Udloze

NSW Australia

Post Number: 15
I've got two jbl subs and a 1000watt jbl car amp and I'd like to connect them to my home stereo could you please help me out and explain in detail how I should go about powering the car amp? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 225
You'd need one hellacious power supply to acomplish that(100 amp+), one that would probably cost you upwards of 3 or 4 hundred bucks. You'd be better off buying a home amp that could better take advantage of the copious amount of power avaiable in your wall outlet.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 610
Car Audio has the name CAR in it for 1 reason, to go in your CAR. CAR stuff should be used in you CAR, If you want a home theater system then go buy on made for your house.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 228
I think I've heard of a couple Shivas being used in home applications :-), but yeah car amps are a different story. The BIG ones probably oughtta stay there.

Now if you've got one of those new fangled "solar" houses(w/ those giant battery banks) you might be able to work something out.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Udloze

NSW Australia

Post Number: 24
i was thinking of a (i live in australia) 240 volt to 12-14 votl adaptor what do u reckon about that??

Large and in charge
Unregistered guest
I know a dude who had a "car" system in his dorm in college. His car was totaled and he just used a 120v to 12vdc converter. Powered the amp and wired the remote in through a switch. Worked great. Medium sized box with a pair of Alpine 6x9s, Alpine CD H/U and some decent 100x2 amp to push it. Portable stereo. I wouldn't recommend doing subs unless you have a BIG converter that will handle that kind of current.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us