Need new speakers: ininity 6.1 perfects?

Unregistered guest
I have a JBL GTO 75.4 amp and im planning on getting a pioneer premier head unit (haven't decided on which one to get) and a set of front speakers. I don't want to use any rear speakers except for subwoofers (which is another question all together) so i can afford to get a little nicer speakers then I originally planned. I'm now looking at the Infinity 6.1 perfect component speakers, which will go into a Q logic kick panel enclosure in my chevy silverado. I noticed that a lot of other companies make some competing products and i was wondering if im barking up the right tree or if i should get a different set of speakers for the same or less money (unless a little more money gives me alot more performance).

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 171
Here is my thougts in the the JBL, Perfects, and Pioneer. First off, the JBL amp, I think you will have a lot of luck with that. I've setup numerous JBL amps from both their last gen of amps and their newest GTO, Power series, etc and so far, I honestly feel they are a top competitor for a quality amplifier. I realize there are much better ones out there (zapco, arc, mmat, pyle (jk)) But for the price, JBL are truly nice. As for the Infinity 6.1 Perfects, I am currently running ONE set of those in my car. They sound best when played at around 50 watts RMS. Below that, and the sound stage doesn't really OPEN up to the perfects real potential. Now for me, in my 626 they sound pretty awesome as far as the sq and soundstage, and i know other people who have tried them in the doors of trucks, and to be honest it sounded like crap. However, since you are willing to get some kick panels I commend you and think they will sound nice for you in your full size silverado. The Perfects are really awesome components without going to a brand like Rainbow, Focal, or the GT Dynaudios. The Q-logic kick panels can be made... how do i say, cheap. I've seen several instances where they were just to thin and pretty much just plastic resulting in poor sound. But I know you can toughen them up with the spray on sound deadeners to get the resonating down. Overall, I like the speakers, and the amp. Make sure the install is done correctly and you'll enjoy them a lot. Do it wrong, and in trucks it sounds like garbage. Just my experience in seeing a few sets of these installed. Kick-pods is a good idea though.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us