8 L7 12"s,Should I or Shouldn't I?

Anonymous

I want to have the loudest system in my town.I have a 1997 Nissan pickup ex. cab.I was thinking about putting 8 L712"s in it,hooked to 4 punch1000's.Or should I put 4 L7 15"s because i love the low bass,but i also want it to sound good with the high and mid bass also.Two punch1500's is what i would put on the 4 15"s.What will give me the highest db's and the nicest sounding system without alot of distortion.Both systems would be in a ported box.I have around 4 to 5 grand to spend on the system.What do yall think.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 216
I think thats insane.

:-)

-Fishy

notasquaresubfan
Unregistered guest
I would goes with 4 13W7, with 4 jl1000/1v instead. Usually 1 13W7 with 1000/1 in the right setup and car can hit 150 or more, you will gain about 3 db with each additional sub you add on. With 4 you may hit 160db or more, that's very loud. W7 is loud (32mm xmax one way) yet still very clean & crisp.

notasquaresubfan
Unregistered guest
and check out the other post "W7 vs L7"

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 220
Thats between 6 and 7 grand tho.

Over his budget.

-Fishy

notasquaresubfan
Unregistered guest
maybe 3 of each??

Anonymous

How Many decibels would 8L7 12's hit or 4 L7 15's.

notasquare
Unregistered guest
13W7 is about 600
1000/1 about 700
yes, little bit over budget with 4 each, I think 3 would just be fine, you would still be hiting in the 150s, that's still very loud.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 223
lol, I have a pair 10w3's. I'm out of my depth here and just plain out in general.

G'nite guys. Have fun. :-)

-Fishy

notasquare
Unregistered guest
you konw, just a suggestion.

notasquare
Unregistered guest
you konw, just a suggestion.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 409
4 15" Adire Brahmas with each one running off a jbl 1200.1 :-) That would be crazy loud

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 723
4 L7 15's in my car on 1500 watts rms would hit about 155.5 db from what ive seen

Silver Member

Post Number: 724
maybe more but with the extra 300 watts id be throwing at them over the one i saw plus my bass cube so id say a potential 159 db with the 4 L7 15's

Anonymous

4 15 inch RE MT'S and alot of amp power....just my 2 cents...that wwould be crazy loud

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 43
3 12 re x's then u can get three nice amps to run them i know that would have to be loud. just my two cents too

Anonymous

Could you get 4 L7 15's hitting 160db?What kind of amps would I need and what size?

Silver Member

Post Number: 743
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/361769/5 this is a 96 lumina i have a 95 chevy monte carlo z34 (which is laid out the same) from what i remember he was running the 3 L7 15's on a kicker 1200.1 that means he was running three dual 2 ohm 15s at 1.34 ohms so i was wrong he wasnt loosing to much of the amps fullest power capabilities but add in the fat he hit 152.5 add another 15 153.5 and a bass cube which i dont think he had and it prob do an easy 156.5 on one mtx 81000d like i have or a 1501d and if you wanted to go nuts a batcap battery hooked up like i have and do a second 81000d or 1501d for 3 db more and at three thousand watts your at 159.5 close nuff to 160 db everyday use too lol

Anonymous

Thanks Sean,is the punch1500 amps any good?If they are I was thinking bout getting 2 and put it on the 15's.What u think I should do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
i dont know about the punch amps anymore but back in the day they were excellent amps

matt77
Unregistered guest
dude 2 brahama 15"s or RE X.X.X 15"s in snail shell boxes would hit so freakin hard run em on like 2 jbl 1200.1's

matt77
Unregistered guest
save alot of money too

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 124
the power 1501bd's are awsome. you dont need two though i think one would do. me and my friend made one L7 15 bottom out with a power 501bd. a 1001bd would be enough for two L7 15's. but thats just my opinion.

Anonymous

I never heard of the brahma speakers.Are they better than kicker and jl audio?Does brahma have a website or something so I could look at them?

matt77
Unregistered guest
adireaudio.com yea they are as good as JL way better than L7 but for cheaper price bout 400 a sub

matt77
Unregistered guest
adireaudio.com yea they are as good as JL way better than L7 but for cheaper price bout 400 a sub

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 119
Sean, how high do you think i could hit with 2 V-Max's with a 1200 wat amp pushing 300 rms to each sub, the subs are ina 5 cubic feet box tuned to 30 Hz? Over 150, is it good enough for comps?

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 52
im going to clear this up, we cant tell u what you will hit, not even an estimate, theres way to much to even get started theres vehicle, box, size of box, port size, location etc... and thats not even the beginning there mic, new term labs old ones audio control, where the mic is located, there is just way to many factors for us to calculate peoples spl leval, just get it meterd, thats the only real way to tell

Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
hey im new to this forum stuff... how do i create my own thing where ppl reply to my thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1913
Go to the main page, in this case, subwoofers, go up top and click "start new thread"

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 43
i hope he also remembers to upgrade his electricle system because that truck will die on him within a week. and also he beter put some money to the side for some mids and highs because his system wont mean anything without mids and highs, anyone can have "the loudest" but not to many have that and great sounds.....

Anonymous

I already have mids and highs,and I just ordered a bigger alternator.After all yall suggestions and everything I decided to just go with either 2 brahma 15"s or 4 brahma 12"s.

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 53
do four brahma twelves, thats gonna be hella loud, go to www.realmofexcursion.com and check out scotty johnson's brahmas, its pretty cool

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 54
by the way are u walling ur truck off?

Anonymous

I'm gonna just put them in a ported box.What amps would i need and how many watts for 4 brahma 12"s.

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 59
probably about 4000 watts rms and a hella good alternater, how much do you want to spend on amps?

Anonymous

I was hopeing to get the right amount of power for about 2 grand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us