Two 12" Aluminum Cone Eclipse's V's 1 other sub

Username: Jim

Post Number: 1
all right, i have 2 12" 500 rms 4ohm svc eclipse's, i am considering selling and buying one 15 of a different brand. I am looking at the RE X.X.X and it looks very appitizing. if anybody has suggestions on what Sub will beat these eclipse's please speak.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 291
Are you unhappy with the aluminums? They are fantastic subs. Good low end, very under-rated, built for abuse :-) I would keep them, but then I'm very partial towards eclipse. I've owned the Alum. and the Ti's, and are my favorite sub.

What power do you have going to them?

Post Number: 2
i dont have them hooked up, but this is going to be my first system and i want it to be loud!!! I was just wondering if there is something that would be alot better

Post Number: 3
Another question is are the Sound Stream Trancula's any good? you can get 2 15's for like 300 some bucks. they have an rms of 1800 a piece, i have never heard a whole lot about them

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1856
I don't know about any that are a lot better, I mean it's all about personal taste and what other equipment you have. Personally I think you should at least give them a shot. Give them at least 500 watts each, put them in ported boxes, and if you're not satisfied, then 1000W RMS will push an RE X.X.X. well. By the way, 2 12" Aluminums are more than capable of getting very loud. And, the Aluminums are a better built sub than those Tarantulas, and require MUCH less power to push. You'd need 3600 watts RMS, good luck finding an amp within reasonable cost that'll do it(and no, Boss, Legacy, etc. rated at 4000 watts won't do it), and finding an alternator that will actually power 3600W RMS.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1857
By the way, you're doing a LOT better than most people do for a first system.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 296
You got that right! (BTW think the Tarantulas ar 900wRMS/1800W peak)

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 167
Just stay with the 2 Eclipse's Jimmy.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help