Ok i me and my buddy are in the process of putting 2 10w3v2 d2's in the trunk of my '99 Mustang GT Convertible i know not many people have done this before but has anyone and if soo can i see some pics of the finished work? thanks much........ any advise accepted haha
be careful of the box. You are limited to a degree of the size because of the trunk configuration. The trunks are huge on the inside for a car that size, but with the way the taillights housings are moulded up and then dipping down you are limited to I believe it was like 13 and 1/2 inches depth wise. Sorry no pics. At least you were smart and bought 10's, because the only way I could get 12's in was to put in 2 single enclosures.
ok were actually putting 2 sealed enclosures on either sides my genius friend did all the math stuff for the volume and we have it basicaly down to the thenth of an inch but we put the one box togather today and we had quite a gap in the wood because of our measurments were off by just a bit what should we use if anything to gap it up we used rope caulk and got as much in the gap as possible then we siliconed as much as we can any other suggestions?
how did you put this box together and what did you make it out of? get the rope caulk out of there and go to tube caulking. Where the edges of the wood actually match up, you could (i guess) put a smaller bead of caulk, and smooth it out. Where your wood is seperated, for whatever reason, cut the tube down farther and make a bigger hole and apply. But in all honestly, from the sounds of it, you'd be better offf starting all over again. When you are done cutting the MDF there should basically be no gaps, that has to be a smooth cut. You guys need a table saw, a little skill saw isn't gonna give you the smooth straight cuts that you need. A dado blade on the table saw would be even better.
i would be the "genius" friend described above... although considering our problem maybe genius is a bad word.
anyway the box is made of 3/4" mdf with a 10"x11" plexiglas window facing the rear of the car (the sub is mounted at an angle upwards and as such is not visible)... anyhow we popped it in today and were very pleased to find that it functions perfectly, as the 1/8" or so gap described above is sealed with no problems...
building the other one tomorrow... we've prefitted the pieces and it doesn't look like we'll have the same problem, which is good.... we'll post some pics maybe when its done.