SPL subwoofers

Bronze Member
Username: Kragan

Post Number: 27
Any one out there have any experience with SPL brand subwoofers? Know if they are any good? I am looking at their model # SPLW12.

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
i would like to kno the same question.....ne body know?

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 64
i know a guy who put an orion xtr pro 2400 on the SPL W15 and it lasted for 2 whole weeks, meanwhile he was beating the holy crap out of it. Basically, they don't sound that great, but the W series is vouched for as being hella-loud.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 158
Well I dont realy trust them . They are made by sound stream and that company is shake now a days. I believe they sold there company to a cheap no name company and there quality has went down. But that s just the company i know first hand there amps are not good anymore, so i guess if one part of the company is failing then the other part which they werent really know for in the first place cant be far behind lol. Maybe you will run into Jonathan tonight he should have more insight.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 54
Never heard of them. Never heard any reviews or anything, also the simple fact that their name is an audio term i wouldn't trust them. Ive seen too many people have terrible experiences with no name brands i don't trust any anymore. I recomend staying away from them. But that's just me and apperantly Joseph.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 83
first off SOUNDSTREAM still makes some the highest quality(and most expensive) amplifiers in the world, second, they were not sold to an off brand company, however your close.
SPL was bred from Soundstream engineering and Power Acoustik's development, so.......yes the spl subs are good subs but they are built by power acoustik and they have flaws, like not enough glue here n there and that spells failure. however the amps are SWEET!!!!!!!!, i have four 3000d's in my crx runnin four DD9512's and i'm doin consistent 159's on termlab mic. they make the most power for the buck, i will put money on it! www.sounstream.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us